Neck Strap Length. Where does yours sit?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by JStheoriginal, Mar 19, 2013.

1. JStheoriginal

JStheoriginal Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Canada
    Justin
    I'm trying to figure out what length is ideal for a neck strap. My current strap on my E-620 is 40 inches and sits about over my stomach.

While I've never really had an issue with this length in practice, now that I pay attention, I do find it a bit close and it tends to wobble on my gut.

Is there a better more optimal height that a camera should sit at?

2. akhyar

akhyar Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 16, 2012
    I'm not sure what is the optimal height but I adjusted the strap to make sure the bottom of the camera doesn't touch my belt.
    I'd rather have the camera wobble on my stomach, at least I know there's some cushion on it... lolz!

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    I like 'em long. About hip height. Actually I really like the olympus leather strap fully extended.

You know you could always get an adjustable strap like the Oly or Artisan and Artist straps and try out a few lengths till you get it where you like.

Gordon

4. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Hip height. But I usually attach it to a peak designs capture on a backpack strap or belt. No swinging, quick release, and on a shoulder strap pretty much no risk of damage if you slip, as its close to your face and your reflexes are good at protecting said face ;) 

5. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    JStheoriginal, maybe try at home rubber-banding at the back of the strap to see how the camera feels at different heights.

When I bought a non-adjustable from Gordy's, I used string to put the camera where I wanted it and then measured the length.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.