1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NBA Basketball thread.....

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by MrDoug, Oct 29, 2011.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    any NBA fans here? :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  2. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Right here. :thumbup:

3. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    Suffering knicks fan

4. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    The Knicks are on the comeback trail I think..

5. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    I'm from Philly but I love the C's! I will still cheer for the Sixers.

6. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    Knicks fan here...but as of right now i dont mind the lockout. I miss the good old gritty NBA where the players actually hated each other.

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Used to be a huge fan, but now I'm a fair weather fan at best. I'll get sort of into during the playoffs and follow the Sixers loosely. I still think NBA players are some of the most incredible athletes in the world - having played basketball as a kid I know how much harder it is to do reasonably well than football or many parts of baseball (other than hitting, which is just an amazing singular skill). They blow my mind, but I just haven't enjoyed it as much in the last 10-15 years as I used to. As a kid, there was no sport I loved more than hoop. Even saw Wilt Chamberlain when I was 6 years old and he was playing for Philly - I think it was still the Warriors then. I went to a birthday party at a Baltimore Bulletts game and our little party room was right on the hallway between where the players got off the bus and walked to their locker-rooms. We came out when the Warriers showed up and I'll never forget being this tiny little six year old kid looking STRAIGHT UP at this 7 foot tall monster as he walked by and sort of waved to us. Pretty indelible memory. Must have been 1965 or 66.

But now, I'm mostly unmoved. If they manage to play a season this year, great. If they don't, that's OK too - isn't gonna cost me a moment's sleep. Although I enjoyed seeing the Mavs beat the Heat last year, all the world loves seeing a villain put in his place!

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. okinana

okinana Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Hi Ray S. Glad to know somebody from Philly here. I've only been here since June 2010. Will be staying until end of June 2014, that's when my residency training ends.

9. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    C's fan here... A die hard Jordan fan when i was growing up. Now its... Ugh... Anybody except LBJ and KB

Sent from my iOS using Mu-43 App

10. NaturalWoman

NaturalWoman Mu-43 Regular

Sep 8, 2011
    new jersey
    Valerie
    me, i love my nj (brooklyn) nets.

11. Dan Lopez

Dan Lopez Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    Laker fan here! This lock out is killing me.

12. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I LOVE my Milwaukee Bucks. They are a defensive juggernaut, but still one superstar scorer away from getting past the first round. I don't follow college sports and work Sundays so I barely follow the NFL. The lockout will hurt me the most.

13. Kingsfan

Kingsfan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 22, 2010
    highland park, CA
    Q
    clippernatioooooooooon

bambam-7524092.