NBA 2015-2016 season

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Adubo, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    so the season has started and a lot has gone down during the off season. a lot of players got paid big, big bucks to play even as sixth man (read: Tristan Thompson) and some team still benefiting from bargain deals (read: Stephen Curry) and signings of the decade (read: LaMarcus Aldridge and David West to SAS Paul Pierce, Lance Stephenson, Josh Smith, and Wesley Johnson for LAC)

so whos your 16 playoffs teams? wildcards? heres mine to get the ball rolling...

1 CAVS SAS
    2 CHI GSW
    3 ATL OKC
    4 MIL LAC
    5 TOR HOU
    6 MIA MEM
    7 WAS NOP* (*if theyre healthy)
    8 BOS UTA

wilcards CHA SAC

the EAST is so top heavy that round 1s are no brainers (except for the ATL WAS series which proved to be a classic last season)

the WEST on the other hand is more packed with IFs and BUTs on the side.

a lot of teams are injured plagued coming in to this season so im hoping everybody gets their A games ready in 10-14 weeks.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Miami not even making the playoffs?

I'm guessing San Antonio vs Cleveland in the finals. Gotta pick the Spurs, though I give the Cavs a real chance if everyone is healthy in June.

3. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I really wish 16 teams didn't go to the playoffs. At that point, why not just let 'em all in.

Go Bucks!

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I wish my Knicks had a shot at the playoffs, but I just can't see it happening.

5. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    oooohh yeah, my bad. i guess putting them in the #6 spot bumping everybody down and CHA as my wild card. im not sure about miami tho... they got so much to handle. wade could be out anywhere from 15-30games im guessing, bosh is going to be the key of their offense.

the thing with the cavs is you know theyre almost sure to take that EAST crown. but LBJ played so much minutes last season, 3k more than the #2 guy on the list. thats a lot of play time and not much recovery time off season. i watched the game earlier today against the bulls... he looks leaner but moved slower, which is peculiar... but its the start of the season. he's still going to pick up the pace i assume but could also be that back injury hes had for at least 10months now.

6. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew

I wish the knicks could make it too... but melo. :( hehehe

7. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew

Go Bucks!

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Melo is the least of our problems :shakehead:.

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Here's my prediction

1 CLE GSW
    2 ATL SAS
    3 CHI LAC
    4 MIL OKC
    5 TOR HOU
    6 WAS MEM
    7 MIA NOP
    8 BOS UTA

My Finals prediction is CAVS vs anyone in the top 4 on the West, with the West prevailing.

10. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    While I am not a CAVS fan, I think that if they are healthy this year they may be able to take the West. I don't see anyone in the East beating them.