1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Navigation request

Discussion in 'Site information' started by rsovitzky, Sep 17, 2016.

1. rsovitzky

rsovitzky Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2014
    Elm Grove WI
    When in one of the forums and one activates 'mark messages read', go back to the main forum listing instead of having to back out three pages. Thanks...

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    If you mark messages read for a subforum, it returns you to the forum index. If you mark messages read for all forums, it returns you to the forum index. Is that not happening for you?

3. rsovitzky

rsovitzky Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2014
    Elm Grove WI
    No. for example in 'Olympus Cameras', when I click 'mark read' and then 'Olympus Cameras', it just clears all unread indications and just leaves me looking at the same page.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    That is by design. If you click mark all forums read it takes you to the forum index.

5. rsovitzky

rsovitzky Mu-43 Regular

Sep 27, 2014
    Elm Grove WI
    I am just curious why you wouldn't do the same process regardless of being at the main index vs any of the subforums...

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I didn't customize anything, nor are there any settings in the software for me to change this behavior. It's as designed by XenForo.

I'm not sure why they designed it that way. I suppose they figured that someone marking all forums read would want to look at all forums (the index) regardless of where they were before marking.

If you want the answer straight from XenForo, you can ask them about it here: XenForo Pre-Sales Questions