1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Name ONE positive that you have got from mu-43.com since you joined

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BillN, Feb 9, 2010.

1. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Name ONE positive that you have got from mu-43.com since you joined

I joined on the 19th Jan - so less than 3 weeks into it

Mine is appreciating and shooting B & W images more and more

thanks S Mod - you are doing your job

• Like Like x 4
  2. steve

steve Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 18, 2010
    Havertown, PA
    Am I limited to just one thing?

If so, then I'm going to say tremendous motivation. I bought my GF1 because I wanted to get back to having fun in photography. I felt like I was in a rut before and mu42.com keeps me motivated to go out and shoot and have fun with it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Like minded interest

For me it is the comradeship of like minded people who enjoy a shared passion for a hobby that brings joy to many.

We have here a new and rapidly evolving and growing site that has a mix of people with many different skill levels who all have one common goal - to enjoy and improve our photography.

Lets all contribute and help it grow.:2thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  4. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    I thought that it would be useful just to stick just to ONE thing - to start with - so as maybe to focus for others and to add impact

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

The one positive thing that I have learned since my join up date of January 13th is that I am still a "colonial".:rofl:

OK, but seriously now. Limiting it to one thing - I've learned that I can return to the joy and obsession of photography with a great little camera.

6. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Well my EP2 and panny 17 have inspired me to go back to basics and think more about compostion and light, I intend to Photograph new challenges and areas that I have not delved into yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    A suggestion for my wife when she told me she wanted a new camera and wasn't there something better than the Kodak 8MPixel P&S...

BTW: how good are the batteries in the Olympus cameras...

8. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Brian, I usually have 1 spare battery in a pocket when I go out with the E-P1/2... they last me a few days of light use between charges. I'm sure there's a number of shots figure floating around... about a couple hundred shots?

Cheers

Brian

9. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    That alone will sell my wife on it. She's tired of the P&S going dead on a day's outing. I've tried several different makes of NiMH batteries on it. A common complaint that I here a lot at playgrounds, parks, and such is "Oh! my camera is dead".

10. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    One of the things I got from this site is an appreciation of it's members to help one another and....
    I have a funny kinda humor......no one gave me any crap....yet.....
    This is HOME...
    shooter

• Like Like x 3
  11. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

One positive for me is meeting polite people who all have the same ultimate goal...to be better photographers using great equipment, in my case the E-P2 with a Pan telephoto lens!! (haven't got the pana lens yet but it is ordered)

12. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon Mu-43 Top Veteran

Did I tell you "I'm in love with Abi"....she is simply gorgeous!! Where in Essex are you?

13. ajramirez

ajramirez Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    I love the camaraderie of the place; how I can post photos and receive insightful comments without having to worry about getting my head bit off...:smile:

• Like Like x 2
  14. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Hi Bill

I am in Romford, but previously Chelmsford for most of my life.

Abi made contact with me for images for a portfolio, she had aspirations of becoming a model. She turned up with a suitcase full of cloths and jewelry.

She was a lovely girl and fun to work with

• Like Like x 1
  15. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    the chance to banter and share information with a group of people who love this new format as much as i do , and thats worth a whole lot

ep1 .......gf1

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bullfrog

Bullfrog Mu-43 Top Veteran

I've gotten a hell of a lot of inspiration and support from being exposed to the work/thoughts/opinions/advice of people here!

• Like Like x 1
  17. BartonFlyer

BartonFlyer Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    I'd got really bored and "stale" with what I was doing previously (Sony/Minolta DSLR gear and too much of it) so the ideal of MFT was a real re-start for me, and I've found it just encouraging and useful to be here.

18. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Allright...All right....

Time for a Group Hug.....:grouphug:

19. BillN

BillN Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    SW France
    Don, a kiss will do!!!

but not at this time in a morning!