1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NABT?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by lump_a_charcoal, Jul 13, 2012.

1. lump_a_charcoal

lump_a_charcoal Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 12, 2012
    Yes, another bag thread!

Sorry for wearing out the internets by asking this, but I am kind of stumped.

I have spent many hours over the last couple of days trying to find a bag setup that will suit my needs.

I have am EM-5, as well as a couple of other lenses (1 is a 4/3 40-150).

I am looking for a backpack. Easy, you might say, there are plenty out there!
    You would be correct, but they are all to suit full size DSLRs, or so it seems from my countless searches.

I basically want a smallish backpack that will allow me to carry my camera, gear, a book and maybe an iPad. Maybe a small gorilla tripod also. I also intend to take it riding, so an outdoorsy style is a big plus here.

I will be travelling for about 5 weeks through America, so it needs to suit day trips also.

I guess my options are buy a full size DSLR backpack, or buy a smaller backpack and use an insert of sorts. Does this sound right?

Like I said, sorry for starting another bag thread, but I promise I have searched a heap!

Thanks y'all.

Linc

ps can anyone recommend a good soft cover for an Em-5?

EDIT - Do sling style packs stay where they are put OK? Would they suit MTB riding?

2. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

When it comes to backpacks I always liked the Kata Brand.

3. allenrowand

allenrowand Mu-43 Regular

Apr 10, 2012
    Portland, OR
    Allen Rowand
    The best backpack I've had (and I've had many) is my F-Stop Guru. I used it with the medium ICU (camera insert) with my D300, and the small ICU works well with my E-M5 rig. It's built for outdoor use- it's an internal frame pack, water resistant, and with the small insert has plenty of room for other gear. The water bladder pocket can hold up to a 15" laptop if you're not using a bladder. Pricy, but I'll never need another backpack. I also have their Tilopa which is huge, but is great for hauling a camera on a camping trip.

4. lump_a_charcoal

Jul 12, 2012
    The Guru does look like it ticks most of the boxes!

Thanks for the replies guys.

5. lump_a_charcoal

Jul 12, 2012
    Well I ended up getting a Kata DC-435 DL, and a Domke f803.

Not quite what I was originally after, but will do the job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.