• Thread starter Deleted member 36320
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
Did he share any of those in the forum? He has a great eye and an aesthetic that I really like.
I don't get to all areas of the forum, but he did post some in the WTF photo thread. Other than that I think he posted photos to support his own threads in Creative Corner. I agree, the guy is talented as hell. Too bad he needed continual affirmation.

Mu-43 Legend
Did he share any of those in the forum? He has a great eye and an aesthetic that I really like.
To his point, it is hard to find images that are shared specific to any given user. I was searching through his postings but he last several pages are just railing against the wind. I finally found his Flickr.

Mu-43 Legend
I don't get to all areas of the forum, but he did post some in the WTF photo thread. Other than that I think he posted photos to support his own threads in Creative Corner. I agree, the guy is talented as hell. Too bad he needed continual affirmation.
What “great artist” is completely right in the head anyway? :)

Real Name
Andrew L
I felt like a good amount of the stuff I saw of his was more "digital art" than straight photography, but I wanted to get into deeper conversation around his style and what made him tick. But even the little bit of poking that I did to try and get him to elaborate didn't really work, he seemed resistant to even talking about his style, but wanted people to read about it and look at it. Maybe some folks just aren't wired for the exchange of ideas. Better to just stick to making work and avoiding the masses.

Real Name
Chris
Some of it could be the anonymity of the internet. Words don't always convey well and in-person, conversations with similar words can be more acceptable due to tone and other cues.

Mountain_Man_79

Enjoying Cameraderie
Real Name
Chris
I dunno. I have a sneaking suspicion that if he stuck around, we would’ve been hearing about his new two step exposure technique any day now. ?

doady

Mu-43 All-Pro
I did think some of the early responses in this thread were a bit excessive, including claims that most of his posts on this forum have been complaints about the forum. He was just giving suggestions, and he even prefaced them by saying he might be the one to blame. People calling him narcissist now, but in another thread someone complimented his creativity, and he responded by emphasizing that he was not a true creative person.

I think he just wanted a place as an outlet for some creativity. But due to personal nature of art, I think it is always going to be difficult to discuss and connect with anonymous strangers on the internet through art. And Ontario is just coming out of lockdown too, not just the art galleries have been closed for so long, but people are also hungry for social interaction. An old man turned to this forum maybe as a last resort, and maybe he was not used to forums in general. He did not use the forum properly, he could have been more patient, but maybe we could have been more patient also.

Look at me, I never make new threads, I never initiate interesting discussion or conversation, I am not outgoing. You really want more people like me instead of the OP on this forum? Think about that.

Real Name
Andrew L
I did think some of the early responses in this thread were a bit excessive, including claims that most of his posts on this forum have been complaints about the forum.
Well, this thread was the first one where he criticized the forum itself and its bones/structure, but in several previous ones he went to lengths to tell users we are heavily gear-focused and "let's change that." So he was in effect criticizing people, though it took getting critiqued himself to bring out the drama queen in him. I'll give him this: he was pretty polite about what he thought of other forum users, what rubbed them the wrong way was more that he seemed to have made his mind up about everyone from the get-go. That seemed to be the original friction point. At least it was with me, if friction is the right word.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
I dunno. I have a sneaking suspicion that if he stuck around, we would’ve been hearing about his new two step exposure technique any day now. ?
I wonder how creating a new "exposure triangle", that absolutely no one needed, is going?

I think he just wanted a place as an outlet for some creativity.

He did not use the forum properly, he could have been more patient, but maybe we could have been more patient also.
Part of the problem was that he was trying much to hard to create & force the discussions he wanted. And people here were very patient making an effort to comment on his posts, even when they may not really had been interested in what he wanted to discuss, since he was trying so hard. But then it was new thread after new thread trying to force the same discussions (about 8 of them) while often disparaging other discussions that go on here if they were not to what he wanted to try and talk about.

After that, coming to his particular forum to try and tell everyone how the forum should be redone to his liking was a bit over the top.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
I did think some of the early responses in this thread were a bit excessive, including claims that most of his posts on this forum have been complaints about the forum. He was just giving suggestions, and he even prefaced them by saying he might be the one to blame. People calling him narcissist now, but in another thread someone complimented his creativity, and he responded by emphasizing that he was not a true creative person.
A narcissist can be creative. As to the self-deprecation, classic narcissistic behavior. They expect someone to tell them no, no, you're not the one to blame/you're very creative. False humility.

https://psychcentral.com/blog/5-signs-of-covert-narcissism#1

Phocal

God
well that sucks, I was rather enjoying his post :roflmao::biggrin:

The funny part is I had no hand in any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom