n

• Thread starter Deleted member 36320
  • Start date
Real Name
Richard
Nothing I do will cause the EXIF to display on the above photo. Weird, because it is intact in the image????
it's saying I need to subscribe to view the exif.
What have you done John? Not held your mouth right when posting? :(:p

Try doing something rather than nothing :p :hiding:

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
I will try another, from the same album on my web site. Maybe I've mucked something up with this (new) album.

E-M1_JAK_2016-_2224230_eW.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
These days, I mostly do documentary photography. I'm recruiting for an agricultural co-op, so I take photos that tell stories to use on the co-op website.
2018-06-12 14-46 Sign Hanging.jpg
Carol_milking_double_squirt_400.jpg
Carrot cake, no price.jpg

Real Name
Richard

speedy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Why photography? No idea really. I just like taking pictures. No particular reason. First & foremost, I like taking them for myself, to please me. A little bit for documentation purposes I guess, I love sitting down at my computer at times, & just flicking through my Flickr or Google photos albums, & just remembering the moments, smells, tastes & sensations they can bring back. From places I've been, people I've met, things I've made/built, & so on. I'd like to think that they'll still be readily available/accessible when I'm old & b#ggered, perhaps sitting in a nursing home, and terrorizing any nurses, visitors, or willing prisoners with stories & pictures of my earlier years. When I was young, fit, strong & a bit rebellious at times. Not just a boring, wrinkled old man, with nothing to show for a life spent living. Not just surviving. For some reason, people seem to forget that old people were young once. And had hot girlfriends, drove fast cars, & rode fast motorcycles. I think a camera is a good vehicle to portray that.
Just my bit of a ramble on a cold winters night.

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
My life is chaos. My time is always in demand and I'm constantly fighting against the clock. It's exhausting. Photography gives me the ability to freeze time for a moment and appreciate the beauty around me, things I would otherwise miss. It's a filter. I generally take pictures of subjects that I find peaceful, mostly animals and scenery, and I find PP to be relaxing and therapeutic. I'm not imaginative though and many of my photos are cliché. Much of what is considered artistic is wasted on me.

EM120065_DxO.jpg

MonikaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Monika
Hi @Pavel M , I like to photograph people (Street photography).
I have found the human race and how each of us ticks different amazingly interesting since I was young.
Being in the streets gives me a chance to observe people.
When I was younger I could sit in a train station for hours and just watch everybody ^ ^
Over my live I have done many crafts like painting, a bit of woodcutting and building things from wood ect ...
At 18 years young I did some photography for a year and cant remember why I stopped :)
Two years ago I came back to my old hobby.
All very different from film so very new and lots to learn.
Being a very non technical person it took me a long time (and still) to figure that side of photography out.
I started off with flowers and a few month later some architecture but then discovered street photography
and that has been my main passion since then.
While learning a lot I realized that just photographing people was not enough always.
I started to look to combine the people with nice light/shadow and if possible some nice lines
or architecture.
That is where I am now, being out in the streets photographing and talking to people makes me happy.
Still learning and enjoying that process :)

P1090569 Lady in red copy.jpg

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
I come from science background and learning to see and think as artist is very challenging
This is quite common!

Many "technical" people seem to be drawn to photography because of its technical underpinnings.

I used to teach photography using a method specifically devoted to this dichotomy.

The class notes are mostly basic stuff, but you might find it useful.

http://www.bytesmiths.com/Courses/ArtSciencePhotog.pdf

ChuckG

Mu-43 Regular
I mostly take photos of places I travel to and family events. I also enjoy taking photos of flowers and whatever catches my interest if I am out walking around with my camera. My photos are probably average overall but it is a hobby that I enjoy. Sometimes I don't worry too much about if an image is sharp when zoomed in. For me, if I like the composition, then it's perfectly fine. I have some of my flower photos hanging on the wall in my vacation home in Florida.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
A really interesting comment

Amazing that you managed to avoid/clean up all the reflections. Well done. I have some shots from above Niagara Falls and reflections were a challenge even when I turned off all the indoor light sources.
Thanks, but these are all but SooC JPEGs. I always reckon that understanding light helps with photography ... :rofl: .

PS: all sorts of indoor light reflections were a nightmare, as were the internal reflections in the windows.