• Thread starter Deleted member 36320
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
So now you have appointed yourself my judge and even passed a sentence? Is that your concept of a friendly forum where divergent views can thrive?
Yes, that's exactly what I said, right down to the last punctuation.

Look at the feedback to my post. Go check out the responses to your thread in the feedback forum. Stop trying to make this personal and own your actions.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Legend
So now you have appointed yourself my judge and even passed a sentence?
You remind me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. When you get positive responses to your posts you gush over the responder with "thanks for your kind words" and the like but as soon as someone doesn't agree with you, Mr. Hyde jumps out calling us cowards and mean children. There doesn't seem to be much in between with you.

Clearly @Brownie, as have other posters here, has tried to politely but directly, without candy coating it, to indicate how you are coming across to the membership here and... well... your responses to what are meant to be helpful insights are certainly less than receptive to constructive criticism as they were intended.

John King

Member of SOFA
Cameraderie.org or Beaumaris, Melbourne, Australia
Real Name
John ...
I keep coming here because I got banned from DPReview (for criticizing another poster, who was trolling and purposefully misleading other users, and I suggested that DPReview should not allow such behaviour).

And of course I am also a Micro Four Thirds user. I realize this forum is more specifically about gear discussion than photography in general or specifically about photography as art. But I understand art is a personal thing and hopefully gear is a starting point for people to get to know each other, become less strangers, and open up more. It would be nice, but I'm not going to expect too much.

There are other avenues to experience and discuss photography as art both online and face-to-face offline such as Instagram, art galleries, and books. If this forum can also provide some inspiration and guidance for our photography, it would be a nice bonus, but it is not a requirement.

I will say though, and I think I said this in the intro thread too: when I was searching for a new forum and community to join after getting banned from DPReview, one of the big things I was looking for was a Printing subforum, and of course mu-43.com has that, so there's already some chance to move beyond cameras right there.

As for the quality of photos posted here, I have to keep in mind that photograph can serve very different purposes, so I don't want to judge them all by the same standards. Maybe they wouldn't meet my own standards for my own photographs, but they don't have too. Someone can post a snapshot of their cat using a new Olympus 100-400mm F5-6.3 as a pillow, I can still enjoy it.
I've had a lot to do with that poster. Read everything he ever wrote there. A total waste of my time ...

He thinks he's right about everything, but I've yet to ascertain a single thing he is right about ...

I only very rarely say (or think) that about anyone.

DPR's printing forum contributes little to that subject, IME.

JDS

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
David Schultz
If you find this forum to gear oriented, you only have to start new threads to discuss "photo as art" or what ever your want is, I am sure that the people interested in that will flock to the thread and discuss with you.
We others that are more mundane and don't understand "photo as art" will maybe read and be inspired but will probably not participate until we get to that level. ;)

Ooh, I just looked at the forum page and now I understand why people think this forum is gear oriented, the top section in the listing is Equipment after News and Rumours!
Now I hope that is incidental, I have not tallied the number of post or threads in the categories. The next one is Images to share! So there is hope!
You know what's interesting - there are over a quarter million posts under the "Images to Share" forums, and another 80k plus in the "Image Showcase" forums. I haven't done the math, but I think that's quite a bit more than the gear forums. This is a photography site - we love our gear (I sure do), but we post photos en masse- many of them remarkable photos.

jhawk1000

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Mel
The original question was: "What keeps you in this forum?" I and others have answered that to the best of our abilities and still, that does not seem to be enough. It is a simple answer, no right or wrong but personal to each of us. Arguing about other's answers just seems to be a waste of time. We are on the 4th page on this question and yet an answer seems to just continue with an argument. I see no real merit in trying to convince each other that our answer is the best and only one.

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
I believe we may have reached this point in the conversation.

tbodgyxlu4011.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Angus Gibbins

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Angus
General discussion and I have connected with a few people on here. Although I find myself coming here less and less as discussion become a bit more repitive.

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
And now he's renaming his threads to "n", replacing the initial posts with "n", and hiding his profile. Interesting way to use the forum's features.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
And now he's renaming his threads to "n", replacing the initial posts with "n", and hiding his profile. Interesting way to use the forum's features.

This is O/T and nothing to do with the OP and is not a criticism of anything.

New title reminded me of an old joke:

Crossword question: "Constipation (6)". N - - - - n
A: "Nnnnnn"

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
I'm beginning to think @Macroramphosis has a seagull fixation. This his second reference in the same thread... :hiding:
Just a coincidence, Tim, that Google decide to buy an image of a seagull eating a french fry at the same time that Pavel is trying to teach us to fly.

I wonder if I still have my copy of JLS somewhere..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom