1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

MySet configuration, E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dabrovnijk, Aug 23, 2015.

1. dabrovnijk

dabrovnijk New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2015
    Anders
    Is it possible to save a Myset without saving exposure details?

For instance, I have two different MySets, one with S-AF and one with C-AF/Tracking, that I switch between by using L-Fn. When I switch to one MySetto the other the aperture and shutter speed also changes.

What I want is to be able to use L-Fn to go from S-AF to C-AF/Tracking without changing the current exposure settings. Also if it would be possible to also go back from back focus to shutter button.

I am using the E-M5 camera.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    The PASM setting is stored with the Myset. This can be very useful, for example I have one where it sets S mode and 1/1000 sec, among other things.
    I am fairly certain there is no way around it.

3. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    It's an annoying feature of mysets that the aperture is saved in A mode and shutter speed in S mode.

4. dabrovnijk

dabrovnijk New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2015
    Anders
    I was afraid that was how it was.

It would be pretty good to be able to unselect settings that would not be saved with MySets, perhaps through a computer-software. But that is another discussion though.

5. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    Australia
    Not sure if this will work, but try saving ur settings in P mode. Let me know if this works?

6. dabrovnijk

dabrovnijk New to Mu-43

Aug 23, 2015
    Anders
    I saved the setting (Myset2) while on P mode, switched back to M. Load MySet1 and called for MySet2 through the L-Fn button. What happened was that MySet2 used P-mode.

7. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Perhaps you can find another quick way to toggle the AF setting without using my sets.

Barry