My Yellowstone Adventure

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gryphon1911, Sep 7, 2017.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Hello, all!

I place this here because it is not micro four thirds photography, but the scope of the various posts will be more about the experience than the gear - there will be images for you to enjoy throughout! :D

I decided to share this in a bit of a different way and blogged about it. There will be quite a few posts to cover everything from trip planning, travel to location and the time spent there.

Instead of replicating the entire blog post on every forum, I will post links to the blog posts here. I've already published 2, so will include those 2 here in the first post. Subsequent blog posts will see an entry added to this thread.

A Trip To Yellowstone National Park - Introduction
    A Trip To Yellowstone National Park - Trip Planning

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  2. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    • Like Like x 2
  3. jederick

jederick Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 14, 2017
    Northern Utah
    Hey, Thank You very much for taking the time to write up all the aspects of your trip to YNP. I appreciate your time and efforts on our behalf!:bravo-009::bravo-009:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Wait till the next post hits! That one is going to be a doozy!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    • Like Like x 1
  6. jederick

jederick Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 14, 2017
    Northern Utah
    Thanks for this follow-up post. We've been on all these roads many times. Living in the Salt Lake City area this is a very doable day trip to Gardiner, MT where we prefer to stay. Stayed in Silvergate last fall, a fun little town with several good places to eat. We leave in less than two weeks for another fall week in Yellowstone...getting anxious!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  7. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    • Like Like x 3
  8. jederick

jederick Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 14, 2017
    Northern Utah
    A very entertaining series with excellent photography...many thanks for your time and efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Great photos and write up, thanks Andrew.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alberta Dave

Alberta Dave Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Dave
    Thanks Andrew, this is a really good series of blogs and could easily tempt me to get down to Yellowstone next spring. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alberta Dave

Alberta Dave Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Dave
    You should consider the Great White North for a visit as well (Alberta in particular.) Like you mentioned in your blogs it is very dry up here with low humidity during the summer months which took me a bit of getting used being from a damp and miserable UK originally. Calgary is certainly worth a visit and it's only an hour or so to the mountains but if you head east for a hour then you get into the Badlands area, which is a different scenery all together.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Canada is definitely being considered. My wife has friends in Toronto, so we might need to make a grand total of sorts. I know very little about Canada outside of hockey, so I have a lot of homework to do!!

13. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.