My Yellowstone Adventure

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by gryphon1911, Sep 7, 2017.

1. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Hello, all!

I place this here because it is not micro four thirds photography, but the scope of the various posts will be more about the experience than the gear - there will be images for you to enjoy throughout! :D

I decided to share this in a bit of a different way and blogged about it. There will be quite a few posts to cover everything from trip planning, travel to location and the time spent there.

Instead of replicating the entire blog post on every forum, I will post links to the blog posts here. I've already published 2, so will include those 2 here in the first post. Subsequent blog posts will see an entry added to this thread.

A Trip To Yellowstone National Park - Introduction
    A Trip To Yellowstone National Park - Trip Planning

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 6
  2. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
  3. jederick

jederick Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2017
    Northern Utah
    Hey, Thank You very much for taking the time to write up all the aspects of your trip to YNP. I appreciate your time and efforts on our behalf!:bravo-009::bravo-009:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Wait till the next post hits! That one is going to be a doozy!! Lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. jederick

jederick Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2017
    Northern Utah
    Thanks for this follow-up post. We've been on all these roads many times. Living in the Salt Lake City area this is a very doable day trip to Gardiner, MT where we prefer to stay. Stayed in Silvergate last fall, a fun little town with several good places to eat. We leave in less than two weeks for another fall week in Yellowstone...getting anxious!

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    • Like Like x 3
  7. jederick

jederick Mu-43 Regular

Jun 14, 2017
    Northern Utah
    A very entertaining series with excellent photography...many thanks for your time and efforts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great photos and write up, thanks Andrew.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Alberta Dave

Alberta Dave Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Dave
    Thanks Andrew, this is a really good series of blogs and could easily tempt me to get down to Yellowstone next spring. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Alberta Dave

Alberta Dave Mu-43 Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    Central Alberta, Canada
    Dave
    You should consider the Great White North for a visit as well (Alberta in particular.) Like you mentioned in your blogs it is very dry up here with low humidity during the summer months which took me a bit of getting used being from a damp and miserable UK originally. Calgary is certainly worth a visit and it's only an hour or so to the mountains but if you head east for a hour then you get into the Badlands area, which is a different scenery all together.

• Like Like x 1
  11. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    Canada is definitely being considered. My wife has friends in Toronto, so we might need to make a grand total of sorts. I know very little about Canada outside of hockey, so I have a lot of homework to do!!

12. gryphon1911

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew