1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

My X100 got stolen but I caught the thief..:)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Hi Guys .:smile:
    After resisting my temptation for a long , I finally bought X100 from an other forum member two weeks ago ,but my busy schedule didnt allow me to test the camera. Today was a bright sunny day and I decided to test this little sweet and sexy camera but hold on..Where is the camera ?As we planned a visit to the city , my 7 year old daughter stole in and hid it in her bag . I manage to catch little thief with the stolen X100 - shot with OMD + Oly 45 mm 1.8 and below are some shots taken by the thief with stolen X100..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :rofl::rofl:

Thief with X100- Look at the smile :smile:

PC081211.
    E-M5    ---    45mm    f/1.8    1/60s    ISO 640

Oh ..She loved the hybrid VF..:wink:

PC081207.

Thief fiddling with menus ..

PC081203.

And some shots with X100- Shot by thief with help of dad ofcourse hahah
    .:thumbup:

DSCF5794.
    FinePix X100    ---    23mm    f/2.0    1/500s    ISO 400

DSCF5806.
    FinePix X100    ---    23mm    f/2.8    1/160s    ISO 400

DSCF5812.
    FinePix X100    ---    23mm    f/4.5    1/320s    ISO 400

DSCF5692.
    FinePix X100    ---    23mm    f/2.0    1/85s    ISO 200

DSCF5790.
    FinePix X100    ---    23mm    f/2.0    1/250s    ISO 400

• Like Like x 8
  2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    :biggrin:It was an inside job! You will have to start hiding your gear soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Great shots, both yours and the "thief"! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nice shots :smile:
    But weren't you the one saying something along the lines that you couldn't figure out why someone would a non-interchangeable lens camera when "MFT was so much better"..? :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

Hahaaah Very sharp memory I would say. I bought this for my daughter . She was using EPL2 which I gave to my nephew . I wanted something where changing lenses wasnt an option . So I picked up this one . I had issues with AF earlier but now it focuses quite fast . I would never ever sell OMD and my fav MFT lenses for anything.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    S.Yorkshire, UK
    Les
    Bhup, she takes better pictures than you - watch out !! LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  7. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Understandable theft, that X100 is a very alluring camera - I could only bring myself to sell mine by getting the X-E1 to replace it :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adubo

Adubo SithLord Subscribing Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Trololololol :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  9. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy
    Great camera, I'll one too, sooner or later, besides my omd.
    Can I ask you how much you paid for it?

10. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    So ,what do you think of it?

11. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Your daughters' pictures are great, I think she's earnt the right to keep it. :biggrin:

12. Bhupinder2002

Hi ..I knew this would come up and I am prepared :smile: Its a fantastic little light weight and beautifully built camera. I wish Olympus and panasonic should learn from Fuji how to built high quality cameras and set themselves apart from the crowd. Its a classy camera. Now I did handle this camera when It came out and AF was quite slow but after the latest firmware update , I would say its equal to Panasonic 20 mm on OMD which is not bad . The best thing is when camera focuses , it focuses really well. IQ is exellent and almost equal to OMD . My pleasant discovery is that it also takes crisp and clean videos though Fuji is often criticised in media for bad videos. There are no manual controls for video as such . Over all its pleasant unobstructive camera for street shoots and carry around camera. I will keep it for my daughter and will use it when I dont wanna take 2-3 lenses for street shooting . Actually it worked very well as I took OLy with 45 mm and this camera gave me what I would expect from 17 mm lens .If any further questions , I am happy to anwer.I would post a video showing how it focuses. One thing I must admit that Fuji pics offer a distinct look and character which no other camera provides. Now along with Olympus , I like Fuji colors as well.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bhupinder2002

Thanks ...hahhhahah I agree :smile:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.