My X100 got stolen but I caught the thief..:)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Guys .:smile:
    After resisting my temptation for a long , I finally bought X100 from an other forum member two weeks ago ,but my busy schedule didnt allow me to test the camera. Today was a bright sunny day and I decided to test this little sweet and sexy camera but hold on..Where is the camera ?As we planned a visit to the city , my 7 year old daughter stole in and hid it in her bag . I manage to catch little thief with the stolen X100 - shot with OMD + Oly 45 mm 1.8 and below are some shots taken by the thief with stolen X100..
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    :rofl::rofl:

Thief with X100- Look at the smile :smile:

PC081211.

Oh ..She loved the hybrid VF..:wink:

PC081207.

Thief fiddling with menus ..

PC081203.

And some shots with X100- Shot by thief with help of dad ofcourse hahah
    .:thumbup:

DSCF5794.

DSCF5806.

DSCF5812.

DSCF5692.

DSCF5790.

• Like Like x 8
  2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    :biggrin:It was an inside job! You will have to start hiding your gear soon.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Great shots, both yours and the "thief"! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Nice shots :smile:
    But weren't you the one saying something along the lines that you couldn't figure out why someone would a non-interchangeable lens camera when "MFT was so much better"..? :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

Hahaaah Very sharp memory I would say. I bought this for my daughter . She was using EPL2 which I gave to my nephew . I wanted something where changing lenses wasnt an option . So I picked up this one . I had issues with AF earlier but now it focuses quite fast . I would never ever sell OMD and my fav MFT lenses for anything.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

6. savvy

savvy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    SE Essex, UK
    Les
    Bhup, she takes better pictures than you - watch out !! LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  7. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Understandable theft, that X100 is a very alluring camera - I could only bring myself to sell mine by getting the X-E1 to replace it :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Trololololol :rofl:

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

• Like Like x 1
  9. tardegardo

tardegardo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 3, 2012
    Rome, Italy
    Great camera, I'll one too, sooner or later, besides my omd.
    Can I ask you how much you paid for it?

10. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    So ,what do you think of it?

11. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Your daughters' pictures are great, I think she's earnt the right to keep it. :biggrin:

12. Bhupinder2002

Hi ..I knew this would come up and I am prepared :smile: Its a fantastic little light weight and beautifully built camera. I wish Olympus and panasonic should learn from Fuji how to built high quality cameras and set themselves apart from the crowd. Its a classy camera. Now I did handle this camera when It came out and AF was quite slow but after the latest firmware update , I would say its equal to Panasonic 20 mm on OMD which is not bad . The best thing is when camera focuses , it focuses really well. IQ is exellent and almost equal to OMD . My pleasant discovery is that it also takes crisp and clean videos though Fuji is often criticised in media for bad videos. There are no manual controls for video as such . Over all its pleasant unobstructive camera for street shoots and carry around camera. I will keep it for my daughter and will use it when I dont wanna take 2-3 lenses for street shooting . Actually it worked very well as I took OLy with 45 mm and this camera gave me what I would expect from 17 mm lens .If any further questions , I am happy to anwer.I would post a video showing how it focuses. One thing I must admit that Fuji pics offer a distinct look and character which no other camera provides. Now along with Olympus , I like Fuji colors as well.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bhupinder2002

Thanks ...hahhhahah I agree :smile:
    Cheers
    Bhupinder