1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My way of working in PP

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by kevinparis, Dec 15, 2015.

1. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    I had a couple hours free this afternoon, and put together a short screen capture video of my entry into the latest of the Post Processing challenge.

Its based on Aperture, but my thought processes and methodology should translate to other applications

let me know what you think

K

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. spdavies

spdavies Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Hawaii
    Stephen
    Nice job. I've never used Aperture, but the way some of those controls are set up seems quite nice - very functional.

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    thanks Stephen

I will miss Aperture when it ultimately stops running on the latest OS... it has taught me a lot

The point of the video wasn't to promote Aperture, but rather highlight my thought process/work flow when approaching processing an image. Everything I did could be done in almost any reasonably powerful image editor.

My intended takeaway is that efficient PP is about understanding the tools, breaking down the problem and learning to target the changes to the areas needed.

I probably took 15-20 minutes to get to the final image, just because I was trying things out. The final video was a one take, so it really did take me 6 minutes to do that edit..

cheers

K

• Like Like x 1
  4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Larry
    Amen to this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Really interesting, Kevin. Could you give us a link to your original file, so that we can play with it with our chosen tools?

6. kevinparis

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    Ron

its not my file... its Vorlon1's and is the current Post Processing Challenge image

Post Processing Challenge #219

K

7. BigTam

BigTam Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron