1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED My Vivitar 55/2.8 macro with m4/3 adapter for your Oly EP1 | Location: CA, USA | Ships: CONUS

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by flipmack, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Trade
    Trading</br> My Vivitar 55/2.8 macro with m4/3 adapter for your Oly EP1
    </br>Location</br> CA, USA
    </br>Ships to</br> CONUS
    </br>Description</br> I just received this lens and adapter on Monday and it's just not working for me. I had sworn off legacy lenses last year and the year before that - I guess it's a yearly lesson for me.

Anyway, It's a great macro lens. Glass is clean, aperture works, focus works. It's also sharp and does 1:1 without extensions.

Caveats:
    - there's some internal dust. I have yet to encounter a legacy lens without it.
    - the rubber for the focus ring is not there. You won't miss it. I think it looks pretty neat like this. The focus ring turns nicely and smoothly.

Other than that, here's some pictures from the lens and my EPM1:

and here are pictures of the lens itself:

I'd like to trade this for your EP1. That's right, your EP1, which if you have one, is probably gathering dust somewhere and will only continue to gather dust or sit on a pedestal.

I don't need the charger or accessories, but a battery would be nice. Otherwise, body only would be just fine.

If you know the number of shutter actuations, please share that information.

The Vivitar 55/2.8 averages around $75-$80 on eBay. with adapter, you're looking at $90-$100. This is what I'm thinking would be the average price for an EP1 in good shape.

UPDATE: Will sell outright for $90 PP Gift, shipped CONUS

You'll receive the Vivitar 55/2.8 macro lens, a 62mm front cap, and the FD-m4/3 adapter. No rear cap included.

We'll each pay for respective shipping. I always ship with USPS priority with tracking.
    </br>References</br> FM: flipmack, 4/3forum: flipmack
    </br>Acknowledgment</br>
    • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

330.jpg
      File size:
      51.5 KB
      Views:
      257.jpg
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
      334.jpg
      File size:
      62.7 KB
      Views:
      333.jpg
      File size:
      57.1 KB
      Views:
      332.jpg
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
  2. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Good Luck with your trade ..
    I have a copy of this lens and I can attest that it is a stellar performer, and not just for macro photography. I have used it for portraits.

• Like Like x 1
  3. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    Thanks very much! it is a great lens - definitely a keeper - unfortunately, my lack of patience for MF trumps image quality.

:(

4. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Shame on that. I personally don't mind.

But for anyone interested in Macro photography it shouldn't be an issue as Macro photography this is a great lens.
    Macro work requires manual focusing most of the time, to fine tune an image, especially since the depth of field of macro shots is so thin and points of focus are not always in the center of the frame. As any Macro photographer can attest to.

• Like Like x 1
  5. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    UPDATE: I can't change the listing from FT to FS/FT anymore, but I'll sell the lens and adapter for $90 PP Gift, shipped CONUS.

6. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

I would recommend that you close this listing and then jut make a new one with [FS/FT] and copy every thing over.
    Man I have this lens in the exact same mount too, and you would think I wouldn't be tempted to buy it, but its such a great lens, that I am ..lol, Just to see if its a better copy. I wish it was in a different mount, I would snatch it up in a moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.