My Visual Diary 2020: Sunday Afternoon Cricket Practice

Sports and action isn't my usual style, but when friends invited me to join them at a little country cricket ground for batting practice, I was happy to have a different subject. The grounds are very fetching, set amid towering red gum trees, with ramshackle sheds and old pitch rollers lolling about. Certainly, none of it was fast-paced - they weren't spring chickens, and it was just a lazy Sunday afternoon activity - so this will be more of a rambling look at a sporting-type-thing!
01245654-01.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

01245616-01.jpeg

01245652-01.jpeg

01245666-01.jpeg

01245660-01.jpeg

01245691-01.jpeg

01245697-01.jpeg

01245689-01.jpeg

For fun, I was shooting with the bleach bypass in-camera filter, and used my 14-140mm(2).

Real Name
John ...
I was still a kid at 50, Melanie, but the rot had started!

Had serious gut surgery at 54, heart valve replacement at 56. The osteoarthritis and further heart problems have only been in the last 6 years.

The wonders of modern medicine cannot fix everything, but they can ameliorate the worst of things often.

I was still a kid at 50, Melanie, but the rot had started!

Had serious gut surgery at 54, heart valve replacement at 56. The osteoarthritis and further heart problems have only been in the last 6 years.

The wonders of modern medicine cannot fix everything, but they can ameliorate the worst of things often.
Luck of the draw, I guess - thank goodness we live now, with the services we have and pretty good national health care.

The lady in my photos is a solo farmer, and plays sports and hikes up mountains to keep fit. She puts me to shame, as I don't enjoy many active pursuits.

Great to see.
And good on her for having a bash.
Interesting old roller. Names engraved in history there.
Red gums are beautiful trees. I loved seeing them when touring.

Keep these interesting posts coming

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom