My user experience and review of Sigma 60mm f2.8

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by rav, Mar 2, 2016.

1. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Engawa

Engawa Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2014
    Thanks for the review. I was thinking of consolidating my Olympus 45mm and 75mm lenses into this one since I don't use longer than normal focal lengths very often.

• Like Like x 1
  3. heli-mech

heli-mech Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2012
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Andrew
    Thanks. The sigma 60mm is probably the most underrated lens in the whole system, unfortunately mainly sigmas fault. As per the lenses you compared against its not as fast(45 & 75) or lacks features (weather proof, macro). They made a really really good performing lens that most look past. Had they managed to make it a f2 even with a moderate price increase I bet it would be multiple times more popular. Then there is the fact its appearance is definitely subject to extreme opinions (love it or hate it).

• Like Like x 1
  4. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    Agree with you on all points. The lens is a incredible value for money lens when we compare the price to performance ratio.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hazza

Hazza Just Clicking

Aug 10, 2013
    Huddersfield UK
    Harry
    I think it is probably one of the sharpest lenses that I own, and that includes the Olympus 45mm and the Panasonic 20mm. The focal length for me is far more useful for portraits as I like a bit more distance between my subject and the camera, ( less intimidating ). I find that I rarely use the 45mm for portraits and tend to use it only occasionally for anything, whereas the 20mm gets a lot of use because of the exceptional rendering it gives to images.
    I must admit that since buying the Olympus 12-40 pro zoom, most of my other lenses seem to have taken a back seat. I must make more effort to shoot with all of them and rekindle the fire that I had when I bought them.
    Thanks for the very good users view Rav, and I shall return to your Blog and read the other articles when time permits. :)

• Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    Thanks very much for visiting the blog and do visit it again.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Reynell

Dave Reynell Guest

I wholly agree with your comments on this lens. I live with only three primes (Oly 12/2.0, Panasonic 20/1.7 and the Sigma 60/2.8) - no zooms. The 60 is a wonderful lens for stitched panoramas, the focal length is ideal for "compressing" or "drawing in" the background. As for its price !

Dave

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    Dave thanks very much for visiting the blog

9. Taurahe

Taurahe Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Brandon
    Excellent review and great images too. I too have been looking at this lens for much of the same uses. I have the 19 2.8 and I love it. Most definitely will be adding this to my kit soon.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10. rav

rav Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 28, 2015
    Thanks glad you liked the review and pictures.you can't go wrong with the Sigma 60mm.