My trip to Cambodia

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by rossi46, Nov 4, 2012.

1. rossi46

rossi46 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Hallo dear MU43 members...I am back after a very long absence.

cc to my friend Kian,....please check out my photos.

To some of you who can still remember me, I was a newbie back in March or April this year, been asking all sorts of questions, some silly questions, about getting files to work in CS5, camera functions etc.
    All I can say is this is a great community.
    Obviously I can't contribute much or anything in advise, I guess the best I can do is just to share some photos of my travel, its my first ever travel photography in my life..

Hope you guys and gals like it. ..

Btw...honest critiques are very welcomed, we are all here to learn.hehe.

Photo #1 - a common sight of poverty, local kid playing by the canal infront of Angkor Wat, you can see the great Angkor Wat in the background. Does this kid realize the significant of this temple in their history? Pretty ironic isn't it, his great great grandfather may have built it or probably played a role in the kingdom, now this kid is reduced to poverty level.

Photo #2 - the climb at Angkor Wat's stairways to heaven in the 3rd level. This is a specially constructed stairways to make it less dangerous for tourist, as Angkor Wat is the most touristy temple there. The original stairs are very narrow and super steep. Each climb is one tall step.

Photo #3 - Bayon temple. My second day there with plenty of rain, reduced alot of photography opportunity

Photo # 4 - Preah Khan temple, this is as huge as Angkor Wat, but less touristy, which can be a good thing. This temple is more like Ta Phrom, where there are plenty of ruins and trees growing on top of structure. I love this place

Photo #5 - And yes, me and my wife looking at the famous Tomb Raider tree at Ta Phrom temple

Photo #6 - some candid shots of tourist in Ta Phrom

I will be posting more photos if I have time tomorrow, or else, maybe a few days later. I am heading into some very busy period at work handling major bid of my company. Its nice to share things with you guys before I go to sleep in preparation of one hell of a week ahead.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  2. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    <3 Cambodia. Nice pics, thanks for sharing.
  3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Nice shots. Make we want to go east -- old man in this instance. I was in Laos and Thailand, but look forward some day to visiting Burma and Cambodia -- but would have to spend time in Laos again, too; I love the place.
  4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Very nice. I'd like to see more.