My thoughts on the E-M5

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jon595, May 30, 2012.

1. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Very nicely written Jonathan. I need to get me one of those things they call the OM-D

3. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    PA
    Thanks. You do need to find one. It is awesome to shoot with. Now I just need to get out more to do just that. If only I didn't have that day job...

4. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    So far I have to admit I'm not missing my DSLR and NEX. It seems to do everything right (and very fast). I love the build...solid as a rock, and it fits nicely in my hands. Still waiting for the grip to arrive as that will make it that much better. Like so many that have already jumped into the fray, I'm considering that 12mm f2.0. I'll need something wider and faster for those times indoors. The kit lens is great with flash and moderate light, but not a specialty in near darkness handheld it seems. The IBIS is just as great as reported. What a joy to see through the viewfinder and note how things are stabilized.

5. Shade

Shade Mu-43 Regular

May 30, 2012
    Yeah I would have to agree how surprisingly pleasant it is to have the EM-5! I had an ep3 before, although its a great little camera I have always find myself feeling that its lacking something here and there..

Ep3 users please dont be offended, as I said its a great camera, but Im just not satisfied with it somehow. I always get back to my Leica and Fuji after a while, and eventually sold it away.

Now with the em-5, I never craved my Fuji and Leica anymore, and infact, I sold my xpro1 away to my friend and only took the em-5 with me for the Lady Gaga concert in Singapore. The results? Amazing.