My summer vacation in Norway

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Pim, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Just got back from 2 weeks in Norway, a beautiful country requiring loads of Gigabytes in your camera...:) I thought I would share a few pictures (first rough selection), this is the black and white part, will very likely post a bunch of color ones as well soon if anybody is interested...

All pictures taken with E-PL2 and E-PL3 and assorted lenses (mostly the Oly kitlens and 9-18, I am too lazy for primes unfortunately...:))

As for the trip, these were taken during 2 weeks travelling from Stavanger to Bergen to Flam and to the Balestrand area, with all the wonderful Fjords in between... For any Norwegian members on the site, I am jealous, you guys live in a beautiful country!

Thanks for looking, hope you like one or two!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 18
  2. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    It's a fine set. Thanks for sharing.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Great set! 1 and 22 my favorites!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Superb attention to detail Pim. The pictures of the cottages on the hills and the individual cottages are simply amazing. Perfect processing.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Always great to see another series from you Pim.

I love the angle and simplicity of the 4th image.....and in the 6th from bottom I'm really digging how that sheer mountain face totally dominates that tiny boat.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
  7. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Definitely want to see the color versions!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Some great pictures in your thread Grid! Unfortunately the day we were near Pulpit Rock there was a heavy fog, and the view was almost zero at the top... So your pictures serve as a great substitute..:) Love your picture in the tunnel, I think we went through that one, not sure how you managed to take pictures there though....

Anyway, working on some color pictures now, will post some very soon!
  9. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Can't wait for the colour ones :)
  10. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Thans guys for all the nice comments, so here goes, some color ones.. Some of them were also included in the B&W section, some are new... hope you like them..!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 7
  11. Antonio

Antonio Mu-43 Regular

Jun 27, 2011
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Great photos! What kind of post processing did you do? The colors are so good!
  12. Pim

Pim Mu-43 Regular

Thanks Antonio! These were shot in Raw and processed through Lightroom, with usually some sharpening applied and a little bump in contrast here and there, and for some I used the recovery tool to increase the sky detail a little (in those pictures where the sky seemed a bit dull). Other than that I mostly used a polarizer filter for the sunny days, and that one helped of course with the punchiness of the colors. All in all though the colors especially on the sunny days were just gorgeous to start with...:)
  13. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Wow is about all I can say. Good work. I need to start planning a trip to Norway!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. pbancr1

pbancr1 Mu-43 Rookie

May 2, 2012
    CT, US
    Love the B&W pucs. Thanks for sharing.