My summer shot with OM-D

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by namco, Aug 27, 2012.

1. namco

namco Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Shot handheld with 12/45/20mm lenses.
    [ame=""]Summer 2012 - Japan & Taiwan on Vimeo[/ame]
    • Like Like x 10
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Very, very nice. I don't shoot much video with my cameras - I prefer stills - but it's nice to see what they are capable of producing.
  3. spinyman

spinyman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 19, 2010
    San Diego
    Really wonderful,nam!
    I especially like the club shots in the beginning.
  4. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    i loved it
    i always wanna do video stuff
    but, i feel that id(personally, due to my mentalness), would need like 10 huge monitors to have lil clips all over so i could see them all at once and figure out what i want where... or mebbe i could print out a sample film strip of each clip and then arrange them on the floor... lol :)

i also loved the club shots, and the guy playing piano feeling like it went to the music
    but i liked best, the opening train leading to the title
  5. Omni

Omni Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Great video!

Whats the crazy bamboo water/slide thing? Catching noodles?

Also - any detail you can go into how you made it would be great. Filters, editing software, etc.

Good job
  6. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    Well done. I'd like to know about the bamboo/water/noodle as well,
  7. whatisinthebag

whatisinthebag Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2011
    Central California
  8. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    awesome video man!. congrats!. loved the editing and rhythm of the whole thing. great coloring as well. thumbs up!. I wanna go there!.
  9. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Awesome video and great choice using Beach House
    • Like Like x 1
  10. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Great video! Loved the club scene and the 'self portrait' in the bus :)
  11. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Great stuff! :2thumbs: I love the editing, and the music, the clubbing and concert scenes, noodle slide, etc...

Did you shot in MF or AF? Do share with us your setup!
  12. namco

namco Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 1, 2012
    Thanks guys.
    I'm still really new at all this stuff so I'm sure I'm breaking allot of video rules.
    - I only used the camera handheld.
    - I bought an ND4 filter but probably used it once and I don't even think the shot made the cut.
    - I mainly used manual mode setting the shutter at 50 and playing around with the aperture and ISO until the picture was right. But a few times I just hit the record button cos I had no time to play around with settings.
    - On the OM-D I shoot at the highest video setting. Initially I was shooting at 720p because I preferred progressive but then I changed to the 1080i/p setting so I could play around with cropping.
    - I purely used final cut pro x to edit and color each frame individual, this took the most time.

- FYI, I have a GF1 and a small steady cam which I used in previous videos but have not touched that setup since OM-D.

Oh... and it was mostly AF. I'd AF on the subject and hit record and keep really still.
  13. redcapestudio

redcapestudio Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Nice work. The night shots are lovely. Your editing kept me engaged through the whole video.