My SOOC JPEG EM1 Mark II settings.

wimg

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Thanks! Finally found the darn thing.

Found it underneath the PASM dial as a "Lever" with the curve symbol in white (Old eyes didn't spot that one looking down on the top of it on the tripod!). Weird part was it wasn't working and reading the V3 manual I backed up a few pages to setting the front wheel to CRT and still nothing. When I moved it over to Mono it started working! I put the front dial straight up and it still is working so the Curves part is now operational on the Pen-F same as the EM1.2. Don't know why it wasn't seen until I moved the front dial to Mono and back. Weird stuff.

Anyway, it's pretty much the same as the EM1.2 now. Whew!
It works in "plain" mode as well :).

Kind regards, Wim

Dave in Wales

Mu-43 All-Pro
The easiest way is though the SCP.
I have given the OP's settings a go.....H+5, M-2 and S+6.
IMVHO there is a noticeable improvement.

Thanks for posting.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
There is a good reason why Olympus sell the cameras with certain default settings...

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
OK I'll bite. What is the good reason? I assume your post to mean we should use the defaults?
It simply means that the default settings are sensible settings that give good results.

I have seen many cases where people, as soon as they get the camera, change ten different things based on what they have heard, and then find that the results are not good, or the controls don't work as they expect and so on. Then with luck they get advice that says reset everything, and then the camera works better for them.

I don't mean that we should use the default settings - I don't. But they do make a good starting point.

The settings suggested here do not look good to me, but that is just my opinion. It is good that we have such a flexible tool that can satisfy lots of different people.

Latest threads

Top Bottom