My son with one of my cameras... cute

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
800LS-P1030119.tn.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

800LS-P1030130.tn.jpg

800LS-P1030170.tn.jpg

Comments welcome.

sinpig

Mu-43 Regular
You better start saving for a EOS 1D Mark IV!! It proves that it's never to early to start 'em up.:smile:

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Yeah, he's young yet.... Later when he learns about Leica, I'll steer him to the M9...
No thanks needed...Lol

Your Treating ? :cloud-9-039:
I'll give him the M5 in that case :2thumbs:

I'll spring for the 35/2.8 Biogon, so he has a lens :biggrin:

Thank You-Thank You-Thank You-Thank You-:hail::hail::hail:

JoeFriday

Mu-43 Regular
good subject... the images would be much better in black & white and a shallow depth of field to isolate the subject. Ultimately, you'd want to eliminate the flash and go with nice soft light, coming through a window, for example. But I realize you didn't have that option here.

In the final shot, I would probably crop in a little tighter on the 'face' and try to implement the rule of thirds (but that's my personal preference in most cases).

I also think shots like that are best when you can get a little of the person's expression included, or eye contact. That's why I strongly prefer your first shot. Great expression!

BAKatz

Mu-43 Veteran
Leicas, Canons and lenses oh my!....my first camera was a brownie bullet ( still have it )...cute kid though....

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
good subject... the images would be much better in black & white and a shallow depth of field to isolate the subject. Ultimately, you'd want to eliminate the flash and go with nice soft light, coming through a window, for example. But I realize you didn't have that option here.

In the final shot, I would probably crop in a little tighter on the 'face' and try to implement the rule of thirds (but that's my personal preference in most cases).

I also think shots like that are best when you can get a little of the person's expression included, or eye contact. That's why I strongly prefer your first shot. Great expression!

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try BW, options..
Peter

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Leicas, Canons and lenses oh my!....my first camera was a brownie bullet ( still have it )...cute kid though....

Mine was a Voigtlander Prominent with a 50mm f/1.5 Nokton...I was 15. Wish I had it today :doh:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom