My Silver E-M5 Experience.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Yaroha, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Hello everyone.
    I would like to share my experience with my E-M5. First of all this camera is just amazing not only because of the IQ it is put out, but because it inspires Me to shoot more pictures, it is so small and convenient and the best thing for Me is that I can use bunch of old lenses, 90% of the time I use legacy glass. Now, I am coming from Canon 40D I know there is smaller m4/3 bodies out there, but E-M5 is the sexiest (I got silver version) out of all. To tell the truth it is out of my pocket, but by selling some of my staff/gear I still managed to get my hands on this little gem. Hardest thing for me was to get used to the size of the camera, but after couple days of shooting I can finally say that it is comfortable to hold. I rarely got time to just go out and shoot, so most of my photographs are of my daughter. I never published my photos or actively participated in any forums before, but watching this forum for the last few month makes me to want to share my pictures and experience. Thank You. By the way I shoot in jpeg almost all the time because of my free time or lack of it, I know that you can get out more juice from raw, but Olympus jpeg engine is so good that I decided to stick with it. Thanks again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 13
  2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    YOu have a good eye. Share more.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012

Thank you Gordon. Now I will certainly share some more...
    By the way your work is just so incredible I love your weddings pictures very much and how you use the flash.
    I never use the flash maybe because I don't have the good one, now I definitely want to invest in a better flash
    and start experimenting. Thank you again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OCULUS

OCULUS Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    Albany, NY
    Ray Hull
    Just don't share 'em with the cat. :tongue:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    :smile:

6. troll

troll Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    The cat looks dead. Dead don't care.

• Like Like x 1
  7. efoo

efoo Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Eddie
    Those are beautiful shots. Your daughter is so cute. Definitely to be kept for memory.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Exellent shots and as others said , u have a great eye . Please share some more pics .OMD is a very capable camera and if someone tells you its not then I would doubt photographer than the camera hahhaha
    CHeers
    Bhupinder

• Like Like x 1
  9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I agree with everything you mentioned Yaroha, I would add that even when I doubt I got a good image, it comes out perfect - or near perfect. My only issue is that I have to wait so long (compared to my Nikons) to see evidence of the final result. This is obviously processing time, because there is a lot going on i the camera while I'm waiting.

I would also comment that the sensor in this little machine is pretty dense. Some of you may recall the "milestone" that Nikon broke (in DSLRs) going to the 36MP full frame (35mm-size) sensor - well the OMD is just about as dense with a sensor half the size, and just about half the number of pixels. It results in a very nicely resolved image. And... the IBIS (in 5 DoF) does a better job than the Nikon (D800) can with its 36MP! It's that "waiting" (remember my past paragraph) that allows the Oly to do such a good job with its resources.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    That was a homeless cat, I was surprised that he let my daughter grab him like that, he ended up being ok :smile:

11. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Thank you so much efoo, she is my love my precious, she is my inspiration.

12. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Thank you Bhupinder2002. I agree OMD is amazing.
    I will definitely want to share some more pics.

13. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I especially love the shots in color!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    Yes I think OMD is revolutionary camera by design and features it is packed.
    The IBIS is truly amazing it works so good with long legacy glass and especially
    in low light photography. The images got so much information dynamic range so
    I was able to work with jpeg just fine. Just recently I start going in to the raw development
    and that is like a new world. Thank you slothead for your input.

15. Yaroha

Yaroha Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 17, 2012
    I always liked B&W photography, but never did it myself.
    When I bought OMD that when I started experimenting B&W with old lenses,
    I still shot mostly in color and do B&W conversion later, but yes color is nice in E-M5. Thank you ssgreenley.

• Like Like x 1