1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Set Question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DIS Ottawa, Sep 27, 2011.

1. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

So I've got My Set set up to do do HDR shots, using continuous shooting and auto bracketing.

I go into Shooting Menu 1 and select My Set 1 or 2, and then shoot. Works fine. However I can find no way to cancel My Set other than going into Shooting Menu 2 and individually cancelling the continuous mode and bracketing.

I've tried going back into Shooting Menu 1 and trying to cancel it there but it doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

2. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    One of your Mysets needs to be your 'default' settings. I use this whenever I'm not sure how I left the camera, but it's also good for 'getting back to baseline' from another Myset.

Hope this helps!

3. DIS Ottawa

DIS Ottawa Guest

Brilliant! I just set another My Set as you suggested and it worked like a charm.

Thank you.

I'm used to doing things one way, the Canon way, and the Olympus way seems quite different. Doing this is really simple on my Canons. You have physical dials for custom settings on the body. Switch to one when you want it and just switch back to wherever you were before when you're done. Really simple. Of course, the Canons are much bigger so there's plenty of room on the body to allow this and I got the E-P3 for its small size and low weight, so I guess there are going to be a few trade offs along the way.

4. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Glad it worked for you. When it becomes 'muscle memory', it's pretty darn fast.

Trade offs? Yup! Every system has it's quirks.

Enjoy!