My Road Trip ver. Travel Pics

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by abepak, Apr 26, 2013.

1. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    I recently went on a road trip starting from Grand Canyon => Sedona => Sequoia => King's Canyon => Yosemite => San Francisco => Big Sur => Home.

It was a pretty interesting trip and I have to admit, I feel like I've leveled up a bit in my Photography skills (went from a level 7 to maybe a solid 12 now). The trip really helped to let me figure out what types of photography I really enjoy and which I don't enjoy as much.

I'm going to split my travel pics with what I would consider street photography. You can find my street photographs here :mu-43: My Road Trip ver. Street

My thoughts and feelings on travel/landscape photography:
    1. I didn't enjoy landscape photography as much as I thought I would.
    2. How I wished for a UWA lens.
    3. How I wished for a ND filter.
    4. New found respect for those that lugs their giant lenses, FF DSLRs, a tripod, and a bag full of other gears up mountains and trails.

Other thoughts:
    1. Sedona: if you have weather sealed lenses/bodies and/or lens filter, now's the time to break them out. Lots of red dust flying around here. Took me a while to brush it out of the nooks and crannies of my E-M5.
    2. I found Sedona to be more interesting than the Grand Canyon. Definitely more things to do if you're traveling with children.

PS. I also have some pictures up on my Instagram @AbePak if you want to look at just phone pics.

Now for the pictures:

Grand Canyon:
    P4160933 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4160987 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4160997 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4161004 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4161009 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4161027 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4171035 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4171051 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4201199-Edit by AbesEyes, on Flickr

P4201243 by AbesEyes, on Flickr

Big Sur:
    P4251461 by AbesEyes, on Flickr
  2. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Wow, looks like a great trip. Thanks for sharing.
  3. poisson rouge

poisson rouge Mu-43 Regular

Mar 13, 2013
  4. F/Stop

F/Stop Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Brian Y.
    Man on man. Only if you had a ND filter for those water shots.
  5. abepak

abepak Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2013
    SFV, CA
    Thank you.

Haha. Tell me about it. Next time I go on these road trips, ND filters are going to be a must have item. I didn't expect to visit so many watery places.