my review of The Dolica Reversible Traveler 57" Tripod with Integratable Monopod - Item# 802732

silver92b

Mu-43 All-Pro
I saw this item in a Costco email and decided to get it. The Dolica Reversible Traveler 57" Tripod with Integratable Monopod - Item# 802732 was advertised for 59.99 and with shipping it was 64.79
My experience with the Dolica brand has been quite good so far. I purchased the carbon fiber pro model before and it's a pretty fair piece of goods. For the price it was brilliant! I ordered this one because it offered the monopod conversion which the carbon fiber one did not. Also it offered the feature of being reversible which can put the camera very close to the ground or whatever surface the tripod is located on.

The box showed up within a few days and the first thing I noticed is that it is very compact, less than 14" long in the handy bag which is included. It features a fairly quick and easy way to lock and unlock the telescoping legs by twisting the threaded locking rings. The nice surprise was the very good build quality and the very nice ball head! At this price, this is a very nice tripod. The shoe is a bit shorter than the ones in the other tripod, but they fit perfectly in the rails and lock very nicely. Both tripods have a neat spring loaded pin that keeps the shoe (and your camera) from falling off when the clamp is loosened. You need to press a little spring loaded pin to release the shoe/clip from the ball head.

I wont bother enumerating all the specifications as you can easily find them here. For the price, and even at twice the price this is a sweet tripod. Light but strong and has the hook to take a weight when needed. Now, I will no vouch that it can not be destroyed by kicking soccer balls at it or throwing rocks or brickbats at it or any of the other destructive methods that some people use in the internet for "testing". However, it appears to be quite strong and well made in comparison with most other affordable tripods I've seen.

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
I have had the same model since mid-February. I think I used it once, I'm just not a tripod user. I also got it because of the mono-pod, but haven't used it either. I did replace the clamp with an Arca compatible clamp I found on Amazon. The tripod does seem well made.

jomerads

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John S.
I have the model that does not have the monopod. I too can vouch for this tripod. I have a messenger bag where this tripod in its case fits inside the top portion of the bag.

John S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom