1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My Photoblog

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by jpcairns, Oct 29, 2012.

1. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    JOSH CAIRNS PHOTOGRAPHY

^My photoblog. Thought I'd get a little organization going and have my photos up online for reference. All of the photos but 4 were taken with a Panasonic GF3 (2 were taken with a GH2 and 2 with a Canon).

I've made it so anyone can post comments on my blog, so if you want to comment on any of the photos it is always appreciated! Tell me what you think.

2. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    No feedback anyone? I'm always looking for constructive criticism!

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Nice pictures (and hi from a fellow Vancouverite). The front page strikes me as rather cluttered though...might be a nicer presentation with fewer, larger images.

4. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    Personally, I'm a big fan of text interwoven with photos. Strictly photoblogs aren't a huge attraction to me.

With that said, you have some superb images here and I enjoyed looking at them.

(and hi from a third Vancouverite).

5. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    Thanks for the input everyone. I'm quite surprised with the Vancouver turnout!

I enjoy the mosaic homepage, but I do find it perhaps a bit too condensed as well, so I might change it up. Hopefully I'll be able to go take some photos of Vancouver soon with the new Rokkor 50 1.4, but as you are both aware the rain has been rather incredible.

6. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    im late to the party!
    i love it! i do wish the photos showed full images tho
    i like the cluttered look, its what i was trying for with my wordpress, but i have the same thing... it makes lil CLIPS of the photos, and sometimes the clips are of something totally uninteresting in the photo(at least on MINE)

but i love the idea that someone can go and BOOM just see tons of stuff at once and click and explore around

tho, i think we are in the minority... but it should be for YOU, i think!

7. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Hey Josh!You have some really nice photographs in your blog!Well done!

8. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    Thanks for the feedback everyone

9. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    Great images, Josh! I viewed on my ipad so im not sure if im looking at the mobile version of the site or not, but i like the smaller images stacked and i can easily view whichever photo that interests me. I would to look at them on a different background tho, white's too dull and doesn't make the images "pop off"

My sites on my sig and id love to get some feedback from you, too. :biggrin:

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

10. zpuskas

zpuskas Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2011
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Very nice images. I agree with MAubrey that some text would be a welcome addition.
    I love Vancouver and enjoyed my visits for business and pleasure...this is a wonderful area.

11. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    Thank you! Yeah, I will make the effort to add more text. I never had any photos online (other than facebook....), but a volunteer position I am applying for related to my undergraduate studies and ideal career field said photography would be beneficial but not required. So I figured I'd use this as an excuse and throw my photos together online! Time restraints meant to just get the photos up though, and skip text.

12. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    I agree. Personally I'm a big fan of mosaic/tiled layouts, so I'll leave it, but unfortunately some of them do get cropped in the preview to an unfortunate position... Oh well....

13. Bokeaji

Bokeaji Gonzo's Dad O.*

Aug 6, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I wish it would just resize them to fit all together well. Pout!

14. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    Looks like I need to go study HTML!

15. Steven

Steven Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Very nice photos. Is there to see EXIF info for photos? That's my main gripe about seeing a cool photo - I want to learn what settings were used and with what camera/lens.
    :2thumbs:

16. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    I'm going to have to check through them. Most I think were compressed to jpeg and I believe lost the exif data. The ones I have on lightroom though will have it still. I agree though, I love looking at the exif info to help improve my shooting under certain situations as well.

17. jpcairns

jpcairns Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Joshua
    For those that didn't like the crop or white background, I made some changes.

How about now? joshuacairns.com