My photo workflow, on iPhone

MarkRyan

Instagram: @MRSallee
It doesn't seem too common around here, but my primary use case for photographs is posting to Instagram.

I wrote about my workflow and published it on Medium, along with some of the photos I've produced with this workflow. You can read the article here: Photography workflow on an iPhone

excerpt said:
There are no rules for Instagram, but I’ve still been accused of cheating it. A quick scan of my Instagram feed reveals a questionable advantage: I’m not using a phone camera.

For the past year, I’ve posted photos exclusively shot on Micro 4/3 cameras. If “Micro 4/3” sounds gibberish, think DSLR but way smaller. I’ve got access to an arsenal of swappable lenses, most of which can produce enviable bokeh (out-of-focus backgrounds). Fast glass and advanced image sensors produce low-light results cell phone shooters can’t match. Yet I don’t count myself a cheater.

13681138135_a40f748e00_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(For those of you not on Instagram, consider it. There's a pretty cool community pool of photos under common hashtags, e.g. #m43, including a bunch of shots from Asia.)

GFFPhoto

Mu-43 All-Pro
I shoot a lot with my iPhone. I use pretty much all those apps, mostly VSCO, but aside from posting on the VSCO grid (and rare ones on flickr), I just use those apps to give some pop to pictures I text to friends and family.

Latest threads

Top Bottom