1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My Photo Made Flickr Explore!!!

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by twokatmew, Jun 15, 2015.

1. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Those of you who read the cat lovers and requisite kitty photo threads already know that I lost Ella to FIP in March of this year ... and that her littermate Pearl has recently been diagnosed with FIP as well. Anyway, I've been going back through old photos and decided to process a couple, one of which has made it to Explore ... at least I've gotten two congratulatory comments to this effect. :) Also, my pic was invited to be posted in the Sunshine group and then got five awards, so it's now posted in a special thread in said group.

This is quite a thrill for me, especially as I dug up and reprocessed these photos simply to help in the grieving process. Anyway, the pic of Ella that is so popular was taken with my (former) E-PM1 and the humble Oly 14-42 IIR lens in natural light and processed in LR CC. I took the image in May of 2012, when both girls were healthy and full of spunk.

18626679199_e1ec8c6890_b.
    Tummy rub please!
    by Margaret Wilson, on Flickr

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
  2. GnedTheGnome

GnedTheGnome Mu-43 Regular

I'm sorry to hear about your kitties. :crying: It took me nearly 10 years to get another cat after my 'lil Buddha died. Unfortunately, as George Carlin said, pets are little tragedies waiting to happen. But they bring us so much joy during their lives that, in time, it's seems worth it.

But, congrats on the Flickr placement. :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  3. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thank you! Pearl will be five years old on June 21, so Ella will have missed her fifth birthday by three months. They had a very rough start in life, and my vet thinks that's why they ended up with FIP. I'm used to my kitties living far longer, but I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to save two lives ... if only for a short time. We rescue them in the beginning, but as time goes on, I think they rescue us. :) I've always had cats in twos and threes, and once Pearl crosses the Rainbow Bridge, I will be "catless" for the first time in over 30 years. I will adopt again, but it will take me a while to grieve and to be ready to bring new furry children into my home.

4. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    That's a very nice shot that makes a great reminder/memory. We have a black cat (Batman--see my avatar) and I have come to realize that taking a good picture of a black cat is very difficult.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. nancyr

nancyr Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2014
    San Diego
    Nancy
    Sweet kitty pic! Your kitties are/were lucky to have such a dedicated mom. I had my first empty house in 30 years after losing the last of our previous generation (I'd always had multiples too). We went kitty shopping 2 weeks later.:blush:

6. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thank you! Yes, I don't know how long I can go with an empty home before I must go kitty shopping, too. I'm so used to hearing meows and purrs, thunderpaws galloping, stuff crashing to the floor, and of course, feeling warm furry bodies cuddling up to me in bed. Soon I'll hear only the refrigerator humming.... And that will be very hard. My condolences on your losses and congrats on your new furry children. :)

7. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Thank you! Yes, taking images of black animals (especially indoors in available light) is difficult indeed. My first two kitties were both black, and that was during the film days and long before I understood anything about exposure. Consequently I have only a couple portraits (where I used flash) that look good. The rest were all black blobs. Your Batman is adorable. IIRC I've seed pics of him in other threads. Please give him a hug and kiss from me. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Congratulations! That is a great picture. Sorry for your loss.