1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My pet birds

Discussion in 'Nature' started by squeegee, Dec 11, 2010.

1. squeegee

squeegee Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    So here's my pet birds, they were free, they require no maintenance, they feed themselves, they house themselves, they come by every day to say hi, and they poop on other peoples property :rolleyes:

There's about a few hundred of them in all the near by trees. I believe they're called Rainbow Lorikeets. They are the friendliest of birds. They squawk excessively loud in the mornings and at nights and sometimes during the day too. I'm sure some other people think they're a loud menace but I don't mind.

The e-p1 seems to always be off focus on these guys, I had to use manual focus to get them closer to right, but they don't stand still long so they're still a little out of focus. I'm not entirely sure why though considering they were filling the auto-focus box, it wasn't as if it were focusing on the building in the background, it was just always a little off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this last picture I caught him fluttering that's why he looks a little un-groomed.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. landshark

landshark Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 27, 2010
    SO CAL
    The problem is with that much backlight the focus sensor gets confused.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Yup, that's what I was thinking, too. Possibly it's also just too much effort for the file to handle?

They are cute - and their colors are wonderful! I like the one of the two of them on your balcony.