My other hobby

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Djarum, May 13, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Besides photography, I enjoy stunt kite flying. Not terribly good at it, but I still enjoy it. These were taken at Panama City Beach by my girlfriend with the EP1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Thanks DJ - when we are down on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, I always enjoy watching the kit flyers have fun. Kite flying is an art and sometimes a very competitive one, I know.

3. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks. Almost everyone has more than one hobby. Kite flying is a great sport.
    Great you shared this with us.

4. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    The problem is, where I live, we don't get consistent enough wind for me to practice. At the beach, the wind is usually strong enough and consitent enough for me to fly. I have several kites, too for various wind.

Where I live, we get 5mph wind which is barely enough even for my light wind kite, or we get 25-30mph, too strong for almost any stunt kite. At the beach, usually a nice 10-15mph wind is present and steady...perfect for kite flying.

5. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Some of us have too many hobbies, and some, are rather expensive:dash2:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Screen too width ?

Hi, thanks for your posting. I agree some hobbies cost a lot of money.
    Like to get a Donkervoort or Hayabusa for a ride on the Autobahn in Germany.
    Go for a need for speed ride with my German lady.:bravo-009:

I noticed when opening this thread that it does not fit into my screen like "home" does. How does come ?

Maybe BBW or Amin can explain, thanks in advance.:smile:

7. goldenlight

goldenlight Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Essex
    John
    Looking at those waves I'd imagine there was a fair old breeze - must have been quite challenging to control a kite like that. Should imagine it's exhillarating, though.

8. Djarum

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Not sure if your from the US, but two weekends ago, there was a front that moved in that flooded Nashville and other parts of the country. At any rate, this was a day before we got the rain down in PCB. The wind was coming out of the south at about 30mph. That kite is a small stunt kit, so it takes more wind to get it moving. I have a larger kite which takes very little wind to get up, and it would have been ripped to shreds with winds like that. But yes, it was fun trying to control it. There were also horrible rip currents because of the wind. The gulf has small waves compared to the Atlantic, but not the weekend we were down.