My one-lens-only thread

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by fransglans, Aug 16, 2013.

1. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    I start this thread by advice from "dhart". And in this thread I will show some photos that I will take during the rest of this year.

As some of you know, I decided to go with just one lens (pana20) and we have had some debate in my other thread whether this is a good way to go or not... But I'm confident and will stay faithful with just having one arrow in my quiver.

So as dhart adviced I start the thread where this all started, in January this year during the birth of my third son.

Attached Files:

2. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Hey Frans... I'm glad you decided to do this... I will enjoy following your journey through time capturing images of your life with just the wonderful Pany 20 lens. Cheers!

3. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    Beautiful! :smile:

4. zap

zap Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 23, 2012
    uk
    lovely photos!! :smile:

5. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Frans... thanks to your focus on the 20, I have enjoyed putting mine to use again. :smile: It has been out of use for quite a while, due to my bag offering many competing choices... so, it's nice to shoot with the 20 again. AWESOME lens!

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    A very big CONGRATULATIONS to you! :dancingparty:
    (BTW, these work really good in B&W) :smile:

7. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I'm shooting for at least a month, with just the Vivitar 24, in our August challenge, over at SC. Today I wished for AF (butterflies), but the FL was just fine. Very comfortable with single FL.

8. RoadTraveler

RoadTraveler Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 23, 2012
    20mm

I'm looking forward to seeing what you share.

I've never owned a 40 mm (35 mm FOV) lens but always thought I would like one. When I shot 35 mm film rangefinders with primes, a 35 mm lens was my favorite, everyday tool, but I always thought a 40 would be nice.

Thanks for sharing.

9. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    40mm is great! Can't believe that folks are calling it the oddball... IMO it's just the perfect angle for a lot of situations.

I encourage people to start their "own" threads! I would love to see more personal dedicated threads

10. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Still enjoying my new pany20. Great to have a almost quite lens (one of the cons with pl25)
    Also loving to get some 35 fov perspective. Get me right, the pl25 is wonderful, but IMO its harder to get interesting shots due to its 50mm FOV.

Attached Files:

11. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    just testing smugmug upload, and it seems to work...

12. aaronlongphoto

aaronlongphoto Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2013
    Louisville KY
    Aaron Long
    Great work so far!

You've got me interested in starting my "own" thread. Now I just gotta figure out what lens to use. :D

dedicated photography

13. Crdome

Crdome Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 11, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    Chrome
    Frans -Some fabulous shots! The lighting and composition of your infant son is stunning.

14. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Thank you ! Actually I had some luck there, the nurse pointed her giant spotlight at us and I switched to spot metering and I got my shot.

15. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    ImageUploadedByMu-431377202336.977952.

Another one from the week. Too bad my daughter did that grimace anotherwise it's been a true keeper. The AF on this lens is not really up to pl25 standards, so it's kinda odd feeling to delete some missed focus shots. But I guess it's a learning curve. You can't get everything:)

16. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

took my scooter and camera for a ride today. I met this rare bronze light, such a thrill!

17. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    [​IMG]

my brother is doing the "jesus in the jordan river" pose :)

18. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Frans... that 20 isn't holding you back one bit... but rather, is serving you very well. This thread may well become quite an epic testament to the "twenty"!

19. fransglans

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    [​IMG]

I guess m continuing to bore you folks with another shot from my living room.
    But i´m still very grateful of my recently switch from 25 to 20 !

20. Jermonic

Jermonic Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    Denmark
    I think you're getting good shots out of this lens.

I'm doing the same as you these days, only using the 20 mm, and I'm getting to like it. :)