My OM-D E-M5 Review

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by Jman, May 13, 2012.

1. Jman

Jman Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Outstanding review, Jordan.
  3. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
  4. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Thanks for writing it and letting us know! I look forward to reading it.
  5. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Good review and good article. Thanks for sharing. It's interesting that a number of the negatives you cite are on the software side and so could be addressed with a firmware update (menus, 24p, bracketing).

6. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Well, Olympus is not known for improving UI or adding features to their cameras via f/w updates. So I doubt they will do anything about it (after all, the E-M5 menu system is based on the E-P3 which still has all of these flaws).
  7. Sam0912

Sam0912 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2012
    Terrible review. Awful. It's gonna cost me a fortune as I'm on the verge of going out and buying one now ;-) I read the DPR review which pushed me to the edge of purchase, but always prefer a real world review like this.

The negatives mentioned wont effect me much, but it's great to know them. The description given of the tonality in the files is what I've been waiting for, I find my GF1 files, whilst good, don't have the richness of my old Nikon files. This along with the ibis and weather sealing will make this a great travel camera. As happy on a beach as on a damp nights camping.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jyap

jyap Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Great review Jordan. First Micro Four Thirds camera where I've thought "I really want to get this". I probably should have researched earlier before a trip next month :p
  9. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    This was perhaps the most complete review of the OM-D I've read so far. Thank you Jordan!