My Olympus score of the week: OEM BNL-1 + OEM charger for 10 buckaroos!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by LowriderS10, Feb 2, 2014.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    That's right, kids.

News so exciting it deserves its own thread!

I saw an ad on a local buy and sell site and the guy was selling the original battery and charger from his OM-D. He had bought a bunch of third party batteries and chargers, and since they don't always play nicely with the OEM stuff, he was sick of having to charge two kinds of batteries in two kinds of he put up the original stuff for TEN BUCKS!!!

Naturally, I grabbed them as fast as I could! So now I have three OEM batteries and two OEM chargers (one with a Korean plug, one with a North American plug!), and a bunch of aftermarket stuff I'm just going to keep around for emergencies.

When I'm travelling, I usually shoot through 1 to 1.5 batteries in a day, but I can usually charge them at now, I can go back to carrying just the OEM batteries and charger (instead of a mix of batteries/chargers)...a big advantage since I always backpack!

Anyways...I was stoked about the screaming deal, this is like 150+ bucks worth of stuff brand new! :D

That is all...hope you've all had a wondertastic weekend.
  2. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Nice score!

4. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    The fact that Olympus charges $150 for the stuff doesn't mean it's worth $150. But it's certainly worth quite a bit more than $10.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Haha thanks, fellas!

Yes, you're right...certainly not worth the price Oly is charging.

I got my 2nd battery for free when I bought the body (haggled it into a package deal haha), and now the 3rd battery for this deal...I think I've done rather well in avoiding Oly's exorbitant prices. :D