My Oly Pen E-P1 is not usable (yet)

Robert Spoecker

Mu-43 Regular
I am posting this because I just joined the forum and Amin the Admin asked me to post at least one photo today.

Last week I sent my brand new Oly in for warranty repair with the 28mm pancake attached. It would not manually focus so I figured they would need the lens also as the problem could be in the body or the lens. They sent the camera back but not the lens . I have to post a photo so I will just attach a photo of myself taken with the built in camera in my laptop (gasp) :crying:

Anyhow I am trying :happy-084:

Robert

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 242

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Ahhhhhh, Amin the Admin.
Yes he has a rep 'round here.
What was the problem with the Pen?
Did you get an expanation as to why they kept the lens?

Welcome Home...Shooter

Robert Spoecker

Mu-43 Regular
They said:
REPAIRED MT CONTACT FRAME
ADJUSTED, CHECKED AND CLEANED
RESET ALL FUNCTIONS

They said nothing yet as UPS got the package to me after their hours. I will call them Monday.

Robert

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Robert, welcome! I've not been around much today - working behind the scenes to get our new galleries in order so Shooter can stop cracking the whip on me :biggrin:. Hope you have your lens back soon!

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Robert,
Cool portrait.....
Some guy named Amin keeps poping up around here...
He thinks he's doing something like working on the galleries...

Don't pay him any mind.....Brian and I invented him so we have someone to put the heat on....

Keep us all posted on your progress....
That guy Amin also....
Shooter

Robert Spoecker

Mu-43 Regular
Tge saga continues

Early this morning I called the repair center and as soon as I provided the service order number the lady put me on hold. When she got back to me she informed me that they already had sent me a brand new lens and UPS should deliver it on the 28th. She gave me a UPS tracking number and sure enough they agree a package from them was coming on that day.

This pancake lens comes with an optical view finder that goes into the flash shoe. I wonder if I am going to end up with two of these as I did not send them mine.

Good people these Olympus people.

:bravo-009:

Next installment sometime next Thursday.

Robert

Robert Spoecker

Mu-43 Regular
I got my lens today and it manual focuses and works to perfection. No, I did not receive an optical viewfinder with it but no one really owed me one.

I took it up to Joshua Tree National Park in Southern California near where I live. It seems to work fine although it was late afternoon and the shadow and sunlit area had to large a dynamic range for good shots but I will certainly go back soon. I did, as promised attach one genuine Oly E-P1 picture.

Soon more and better stuff will come. I will then also read up on the sites instructions and post to the gallery.

:2thumbs:

Attachments

• oly.jpg
    oly.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 192

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hooray for the long awaited return's showing up - and for posting your first of many E-P1 photos, too!:thumbup:

I've never been to Joshua Tree National Park but certainly know about it - how fortunate to live so nearby and what a incredibly beautiful place to learn the ins and outs of the camera. As many options as the controls offer, for me it's important to remember to go out and enjoy the camera as my own means to an end - capturing those images that make me stop and stare.

Happy photographing!

Latest threads

Top Bottom