1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My next literature

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by znerk, Feb 22, 2014.

1. znerk

znerk Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 16, 2014
    Hello

I am growing tired of reading books that starts on steps one and talks about the main principles.. Could anyone recommend me some great books? I just read Gregory Heisler: 50 Portraits, great book.

Thanks.

Haven't really introduced me on the forum yet, here we go. I am Eskil - a photographer from Norway. I have started loving my 4/3(EM-1) camera more and more lately. Taking it with me everywhere, the size is dreamy like! You can follow my work at www.facebook.com/eskilhesselroth and www.eskil-hesselroth.com

2. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Hi there,

If you'd read another one about portraits (more or less), I can suggest Train your gaze by Roswell Angier.

How's 50 portraits? I've been thinking about getting one for some time already...

Welcome here btw!

• Like Like x 1
  3. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I'm currently reading 50 Portraits myself. If you like that sort of book, I'd recommend Joe McNally's books, particularly The Moment It Clicks and Hotshoe Diaries which talk about a number of Joe's photos and how and why they were shot the way they were.

Zack Arias's Photography Q&A is an interesting mix of topics also, or you might like Secrets of Great Portrait Photography: Photographs of the Famous and Infamous from Brian Smith.

• Like Like x 1