1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My next camera: Nikon P7800

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by RajC, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
  2. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
  3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
  4. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    There's no need to post your intentions, just move on.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Agreed. If you "can't wait" to ditch your m4/3 system then why wait? There are plenty of options out there and there's no need to wait for something new to come out. What is the purpose of trolling a forum to tell people that you hate the system and can't wait to get rid of it, when it's your choice to pick a system any time you want.

6. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
  7. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Why do the above posters feel the need to criticize points of view they don't like?
    Are they that insecure?
    I didn't realize this was a ****** site.

The thread was started in a forum for discussion about other types/brands of cameras. It would be interesting to see if anyone else on this forum (those with something constructive to say) feel likewise.

I thought this was a site for critiques of images/ gear, not photographers.
    Disgusting.

8. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    It's all in your wording man. If I went to a Nikon forum and say "Man I can't wait to get the GX7 so I can leave Nikon behind." What do you expect the reaction to be?

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    And you compared a small sensor fixed lens compact to a large sensor interchangeable lens body :biggrin:

10. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    BFD.
    And you're wrong. I wasn't making a comparison.
    To me, image quality and enjoyment are paramount. You may care what's under the hood but I care about the ride and getting to my destination.

11. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    raj

think the point is that you seem to think that a smaller sensor, fixed lens, barely announced, not yet available camera somehow beats the ones used by the members of this forum

I am sure the Nikon is a fine camera. but in the right hands any micro43 WILL kick its nether regions

Maybe for your photography it is a fine choice and so be it

we al have different standards

K

12. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Exactly.

Try posting something like this:

"Check out this link for the new Nikon. Seems interesting to me . . . what do the rest of you think?"

and I think you'd get very different responses.

But, and perhaps I'm reaching here, I don't think you WANT constructive responses. I think you're just trying to start trouble.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.

But I don't think I'm wrong.

13. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    You only think you are right, Kreskin.
    Nice hollow apology.

14. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Do you really believe that your response explains and/or validates your first post?

15. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Are you the site owner? Why do you think I owe you an explanation? Isn't there something on the Internet you could be buying now instead of harassing me and making everyone else here look like a thug?
    Nice job of representing the photography community and the m4/3 format.

16. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Sorry Raj. I really thought you were joking. It's pretty hard to take the comparison seriously, though I understand how the Nikon might be right for you or anyone else.

I'd love a camera like the P7800 to replace my4/3s kit. But it seems like a lot of work is still needed to get it there for me.

Enjoy the new camera!

17. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    You really need to chill out.

18. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

19. RajC

RajC Mu-43 Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Thank you for being respectful.
    I'm anxious to learn more about the Nikon- it could be worth buying. I don't drool over news releases.
    Like many of you, I enjoy any type of camera. I like the way they look and what I can do with them.

I also enjoy having different types of cameras. Having a true pocket-sized camera is fun. And I am happy to see a new camera that retains the viewfinder.
    If I buy a camera like this my m 4/3 is likely to be left in the closet.

Is everyone happy now?

20. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe

You seem like a pretty smart guy, and as a smart guy you would have been fully aware that a comment like the one above made on an m43 forum could be highly inflammatory and would more than likely evoke a fiery response.

There are countless other ways you could have made your point, each less inflammatory than the one you chose.

The P7800 looks like a great compact, I wish you luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.