My new website- Dedicated to m43

vcs700s

Mu-43 Regular
My new website just went live. It is dedicated to the m43 format. All the pics, only a few now, are taken with my Olympus cameras: OM-D and E-PL5.

Website- Vic's m43rd Pics

My Flickr page is up and running too- Flickr: Vic's m43rds Pics' Photostream

More pics on the way as it has been only a couple of months that I have been shooting m43.

Check them out if you have a chance.

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
vic

you obviously have an interesting landscape to shoot in... you need to work a little more on the composition side..... and please please stay away from HDR... it does you no favours

K

Mellow

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Tom
I can't believe I'm defending this, my sometimes HDR is supposed to be over-the-top. I rather like one of the HDR pictures ("Factory Office"). I also concur with most people that a light touch is usually preferable, but there are many techniques people use (i.e., shooting in B&W) that are not designed to replicate the original color palette but create an interpretation of it. So an occasional 'over the top" HDR picture has its place.

flippic

Mu-43 Regular
I like your B&Ws. My favorite is the first one with the evergreens. Good luck with your new web page.

zapatista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Barber
Vic,

I'm not a real big fan of HDR but I like a lot of your pics, especially with the colored textures. Thanks for sharing!

vcs700s

Mu-43 Regular
Did you know about the other site dedicated to m4/3rds? It's called Mu-43.com - Micro Four Thirds User Group - Micro 4/3 Photography News, Discussion, and Rumors :wink:.

I had a quick look at your site though, some awfully OTT HDR caused me to retreat, sorry :rolleyes:.

My site is not a forum just somewhere to put my pics. People seem to enjoy them on my FB page. I know for some reason HDR is polarizing with some. It is brand new to me so I am just beginning to learn about it.

I appreciate the input and will try to tone it down.:smile:

vcs700s

Mu-43 Regular
vic

you obviously have an interesting landscape to shoot in... you need to work a little more on the composition side..... and please please stay away from HDR... it does you no favours

K

Thanks. New to HDR so still working on bracketing and how many photos to batch etc. Lots to learn with photography!

The great thing about photography is that there is always something to learn. I love a challenge and will continue to work on it.:smile:

vcs700s

Mu-43 Regular
Vic,

I'm not a real big fan of HDR but I like a lot of your pics, especially with the colored textures. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. Last year was tough for me not only health wise but photography wise. I carried two D700's and all the lenses and flashes etc to about ten weddings, mostly second shooting. I had some money and went to my local photo store and instead of buying another lens I bought the OM-D. Things haven't been the same since.

I guess I am experiencing a revival of sorts. There is something about the Olympus cameras and this format that I love. Having a blast and experimenting and learning, thus the HDR.

I really started using it because I felt the shots of the abandoned factory, shot with the body cap lens, needed something to spice them up. After that, I kept experimenting.

Lots to learn but loving it. Thanks again to everyone for their input.:wink:

I have attached my favorite from that shoot. Don't mean to offend those that are not HDR fans.:biggrin:

Attachments

• _VCS0326_7_8_tonemapped-Edit.jpg
    _VCS0326_7_8_tonemapped-Edit.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 108

kevinparis

Cantankerous Scotsman
You're inspiring me to really try some HDR out too...I like the look!

noooooooh...please no.....you might as well paint elvis on velvet

https://www.google.be/search?q=elvi...pH6eP7Abq9ICACQ&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=648

I have nothing against the principle of HDR....its just all these people who turn all the sliders up to 11 and think its 'nice' or 'unique'

its awful....spawn of the devil

OK.. off to bed..

I am winding you up for dramatic effect... but I do really hate HDR

:)

zapatista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Barber
noooooooh...please no.....you might as well paint elvis on velvet

https://www.google.be/search?q=elvi...pH6eP7Abq9ICACQ&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1366&bih=648

I have nothing against the principle of HDR....its just all these people who turn all the sliders up to 11 and think its 'nice' or 'unique'

its awful....spawn of the devil

OK.. off to bed..

I am winding you up for dramatic effect... but I do really hate HDR

:)

Sleep well, don't let the green, yellow, purple and fully-developed-shadows/undertones of the bed bugs bite.

Latest threads

Top Bottom