1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My new OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Richella, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    My new M43 kit arrived today. What superb service from BHPhoto. I ordered it on the 4th (tues) and it arrived at my home in KL, Malaysia, this morning. 4days from order to receipt. Brilliant.

So I bought the black OM-D with the 12-50mm kit lens. I added the Oly 40-150mm for inky $99. It was a special package price from BHPhoto. Also added the Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4. Prices from BHPhoto were the best I could find, globally.

I've order the Oly 12mm and Oly 45mm from Honk Kong. Got a good online deal through ebay for $1030 for both. They've not arrived yet.

To keep all this kit secure as we vacation through Asia I bought the Pelican 1200 from BHPhoto. It was a guess at the time but the kit will fit perfectly and the pelican case will then fit easily in a backpack.

I'm so pleased. Now I have a high quality travel kit with zooms and primes and it all fits in a small waterproof, solid case that will easily go in a normal backpack.

image-1157705096.

2. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    M@
    Did you get some fill foam for that case? Can't imagine you'd want all that stuff banging around in there!

3. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur

Yes. I got the foam fill. Just not had time to start plucking!!!

4. hkpzee

hkpzee Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 5, 2011
    Hong Kong
    Patrick
    Congrats! You'll have a blast with your new gear! BTW, which part of Asia are you traveling to? Don't forget to show us plenty of photos!

5. OhWellOK

OhWellOK Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for the Pelican case info-that looks pretty badass. Enjoy your trip and new camera!

6. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    Cloverdale,CA
    Pelican

I use the Pelican case for my E-M5.

I have the 9-18, 12-50, 45mm, 20mm, 14mm, 40-150 AND the OMD in that case with Lens hoods!

It's perfect for the way I use it, traveling with me to work and back everyday in the back of my Miata :smile:

Enjoy, great combinations!