My new ND filter...

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Zariell, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Zariell

Zariell Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    I decided I needed some ND filters for my Oly 45 1.8 and with people on here liking Cameta I decided to order from them.

Well yesterday evening the mail came, and I was very excited cause with all this snow I wanted to play.

Well I open the package pull out the receipt for the ND filter, then to my surprise instead of a ND filter, out popped a 16 gig SD card :p

I'm assuming that they just packaged the wrong thing, I bet somewhere in the world a guy is trying to put a 37mm filter into his card slot :p and despite my skills I can't seem to figure out how to mount a SD card to my lens, short of tape LoL.

I'm not really angry I just think its hilarious, I can't till tomorrow when I call them :p

2. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Good on you to be in good spirits over this. These things just happen sometimes.

Maybe you can tape it to the top of the lens and block some light?

3. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    good idea I can use it as the worlds smallest lens shade Mwaa haa ha.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Great attitude - I hope your patience is generously rewarded. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    I'm a little disappointed, but I have my 62mm filters and adapters, it just looks a tad funny on that small lens ;)

6. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Well got a response from Cameta. Apparently they don't believe their error is their fault, and want me to jump through several hoops in order to get what I actually ordered. :(

I'm returning the memory card, and will buy the filter from another company, that apparently wants my business. While I understand a filter is a small item as compared to a camera or lens, but the customer service should be the same.

7. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Well after getting the run around from Cameta, I ordered a new filter from Adorama, will be here and I haven't had problems with them, I've learned a lesson to stay away from Cameta in the future, they might have good prices but my experience just left me cold.

8. BAXTING

BAXTING Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Los Angeles SFV, CA
    Bradley
    Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear things didn't work out with them. I've been very happy with Adorama to date.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Yea I've never had a bad experience with Adorama, similar thing happened there once, the told me to keep the wrong item, and sent me the right one. Much more professional.

10. pjcard

pjcard Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    Isn't a 16GB card worth more than the filter? I would have just kept it if they'd been awkward about it. There seem to be a growing number of threads on Cameta here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    The card from them has a retail value of 12.99 was pretty much a bottom end card.

12. pjcard

pjcard Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2012
    D'oh. No wonder they weren't eager to help :(

• Like Like x 1
  13. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    Oh they were eager to help, after I mail the card to them at my expense, then wait 7-10 business days to process the return, then how ever long after that to ship the filter ;) That's eager right? Lol

14. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    I must have bad Karma!!!

Well the UPS man arrived today with my shiny new 3 stop ND filter for me. Well I open the box, look through packing peanuts, and pull out... a 1 stop ND filter ROFL.

The light side of this however, is I made a phone call, they emailed me an RMA, and put the correct filter on its way with overnight shipping, so while its still a bit of a screwup, at least this company knows how to treat their customers :p

Still wondering what camera god I've offended LOL

15. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I once ordered a filter from Amazon and received just the plastic case - without the filter inside. Totally ruined my plans for that weekend, but Amazon made sure to correct it without any question, plus I think I received some sort of freebie. Thus I only go outside Amazon if I can't find it there.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Zariell

Sep 28, 2012
    Bountiful, UT
    I like Amazon, and Adorama, those my goto places, I just thought I would give Cameta a shot, I know better now :p

17. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Many years ago I managed a small ("factory authorized") appliance repair shop. We got a package in from a drugstore in northern Michigan. They were the local resellers of the brand, and would accept broken appliances from customers and send to us for "authorized" repairs.

The package was supposed to contain an electric razor, sent in for a repair estimate.

What we found when we opened the package was a used engine piston :confused:.

I don't think the drugstore manager ever really believed me; I know that the piston was in the box when received because I was in the shipping/receiving area when it was opened. We sent it back at our expense...I have no idea what the drugstore manager told the customer.

We had plenty of wrong parts, mislabeled parts, mis-priced invoices, incorrect return addresses - but that piston was about the weirdest item we ever received.

Another good reason to be out of retail :biggrin:.

• Like Like x 1