my new E-PM2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pcake, May 12, 2013.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    i've shot with m4/3 and mirrorless for years. i had a GF1 (awesome camera, btw!), a G3, very briefly owned an E-PL1, had and exchanged a NEX 5N, and sold my sony NEX 5R just 2 days ago. after reading a zillion specs, reviews, user comments, etc, i set off to samy's to try several cameras and brought home an E-PM2.

all of my cameras since i gave my husband my 30D have periodically had trouble focusing on closeups. it's been very very frustrating. i expected the same from this camera, so imagine just how very happy i was to discover it's the first of many mirrorless and digicams that nails my closeups EVERY single time. in fact, i tried to stump it, but it just works - and works perfectly - for what i shoot.

i am such a happy camper!

and i was relieved as i haven't had as much trouble with the menus as i expected from reading all the negative reviews about them. honestly after wrestling with the sony menus, this camera is pretty easy, and the couple things that weren't all that intuitive i found tutorials to get me through fast.

thanks to the E-PM2 owners here for all the advice and samples. i'm off to take some pics now :)

2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Good for you.

Just bought for my wife, a tiny GF5, and after several different great cameras (FZ30, K-20, E-420, Canon EXT, G-12, E-p2, G-1, G-3, others?), she is very happy with it. And when moma is happy.....! :smile:

The right tool for the job and one doing the job.

3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    The menus get a lot of grief in here (and other forums). But really, once you've got the camera set up, you don't have to go into them very often. I use the SCP mostly to make adjustments, and 99% of the time when I'm out shooting I don't get into the menus AT ALL.

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    Definitely +1 :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.