my new E-PM2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by pcake, May 12, 2013.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
    i've shot with m4/3 and mirrorless for years. i had a GF1 (awesome camera, btw!), a G3, very briefly owned an E-PL1, had and exchanged a NEX 5N, and sold my sony NEX 5R just 2 days ago. after reading a zillion specs, reviews, user comments, etc, i set off to samy's to try several cameras and brought home an E-PM2.

all of my cameras since i gave my husband my 30D have periodically had trouble focusing on closeups. it's been very very frustrating. i expected the same from this camera, so imagine just how very happy i was to discover it's the first of many mirrorless and digicams that nails my closeups EVERY single time. in fact, i tried to stump it, but it just works - and works perfectly - for what i shoot.

i am such a happy camper!

and i was relieved as i haven't had as much trouble with the menus as i expected from reading all the negative reviews about them. honestly after wrestling with the sony menus, this camera is pretty easy, and the couple things that weren't all that intuitive i found tutorials to get me through fast.

thanks to the E-PM2 owners here for all the advice and samples. i'm off to take some pics now :)
  2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Good for you.

Just bought for my wife, a tiny GF5, and after several different great cameras (FZ30, K-20, E-420, Canon EXT, G-12, E-p2, G-1, G-3, others?), she is very happy with it. And when moma is happy.....! :smile:

The right tool for the job and one doing the job.
  3. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    The menus get a lot of grief in here (and other forums). But really, once you've got the camera set up, you don't have to go into them very often. I use the SCP mostly to make adjustments, and 99% of the time when I'm out shooting I don't get into the menus AT ALL.
  4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Definitely +1 :biggrin: