My new E-PM1 - amazing price

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by djd256, Jul 16, 2013.

1. djd256

djd256 Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 1, 2013
    I like it a lot so far...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Wow, that's a great deal. I love it when Best Buy is clearing out stock. A couple months ago they were selling Panasonic 45-200s for $99. None near me, unfortunately -- I have yet to see Panasonic or Olympus sold in one in my area, other than camcorders and P&S.
  3. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    That's a great little camera. Olympus optimized many aspects of their original tech in that camera. It focuses well and it performs up to and including 1600. Be on the look out for a 14 (or the older 17) and you have a pocket-able camera. Of course, the bodycap 15 is the smallest (and cheapest) option if you like the style of images it produces.

I gave mine to my daughter as she set off for Peru and Turkey,.
  4. mono55

mono55 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 13, 2012
    Congratulations on getting a great bargain. I have an E-PM1 and I think it's a marvellous little camera.

5. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Great deal! I got my E-PM1 from Blacks clearance sale a few months ago.
  6. chipbutty

chipbutty Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Sheffield, Yorkshire, England.
    Great little camera. Don't forget to pimp it up :smile:

7. RamblinR

RamblinR Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2012
    Sunshine Coast, Qld Australia
    This is a ridiculously good price. I'd pick one up for that price just as a pocket camera with the 14mm on it.

Couldn't help but notice that the docket said Saskatoon. I have two sons working in the gas mines/fields over there. One has been over there since he was 18 (he is now 22) and is coming home for the first time December this year (flight is booked). It will be so nice to have him home for a little while and he will finally get to meet his two nieces (1 & 3) and another baby is due just before he gets here. His older brother has just headed over there (he is a qualified gas fitter) and they are working at the same place.

So sad to hear about the young man that lost his life just a few days ago with a fall at the mines. Very very sad for all his family.
  8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Wow - that's a terrific deal. Good for you! :cool:
  9. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Great Deal! I owned a PM1 for a while and loved it. I traded up to the PM2 after a while and (don't tell anyone here) I didn't really notice any image quality differences when looking at the photos streams from either camera. The PM1 should serve you very well.