1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

My 'New' Bag

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ReallyBadPictures, Feb 8, 2013.

1. ReallyBadPictures

ReallyBadPictures Mu-43 Regular

Jan 12, 2013
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    It's a cool bag, but I don't think I'd trust the strap and it looks like some mold inside. It will take a bit of work to get it in shape. It is cool, though! :cool:

3. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    True. I plan to add a vintage lens case, now that I have another lens on the way thanks to the Oly deal, and a strap from my fathers really old Nikon case.

I just thought the real Queen Mary stickers really made the bag and I will deal with the mold with a bit of bleach....

• Like Like x 1
  4. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    Pretty cool :thumbup: You can pretty much guarantee that no one else will have one just like it

5. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013

Yep:smile:

Now that I have a "kit" I felt then need to store it all in a suitable manner...

6. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013

Just got this in and I think it is even cooler than I expected. It is the perfect size for my E-PM1 and is in better shape that the pictures show (the mold stains are much more noticeable in pics than they really look in person and it does not smell of mildew at all).

The full name of the original owner is inside the bag and I looked him up and he was a retired Army Colonel from the 101'st that died in 1987...

EDIT: He was not in the 101'st Airborne but in the 101'st Infantry Regiment of the 26'th Infantry Division assigned to Gen. Patton and the unit liberated the Mauthausen and Gusen concentration camps in May 1945.
    http://www.ngef.org/index.asp?bid=94
    http://fp.yd-info.net/

"He served with the Army infantry in Europe during World War II and was awarded a Silver Star, a Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart with Clusters."

"Plans for the initial offensive were carefully and meticulously drawn up. The 2nd Battalion of the Regiment, under Lt. Col. Bernard XXXX, was to lead the attack, supported by the 3rd Battalion from positions on the high ground to the rear. The 1st Battalion was to hold the positions it had and support the attack by harassing the enemy to its front and by executing small local attacks. The plan was for the 3rd Battalion to follow the 2nd Battalion when it had reached Moyenvic, France, at which time the 1st Battalion was to disengage itself from the enemy and assemble in the vicinity of Juvrecourt, France, and follow the 3rd Battalion around the left of the position and thence to Moyenvic. "Hill 310" was the initial objective.

In the darkness of the morning of November 8th, Lt. Col. XXXX left to join the forward elements of his Battalion. With no indications that the enemy suspected an attack, Lt. Col. XXXX inched the assault echelons of his Battalion closer to the enemy lines for a better jump-off position. At 0600 on the 8th November 1944, the attack jumped off, preceded by a thoroughly devastating hour of artillery preparation....

On the 12th of November the 3rd Battalion experienced the Regiment's first counter attack from the rear, a counter attack coming from Wuisse, France. It was swiftly and surely repulsed. On the 13th of November the Regiment received added strength in the persons of 759 reinforcements. With the augmented strength the Regiment seized Bedestroff, near Marimont. On the 19th of November the doughs plunged through water waist deep in a driving attack on a general line north and south through Bergelstroff. Lt. Col. XXXX, C. O. of the 2nd Battalion, was seriously wounded on that day."

Attached Files:

9. dogs100

dogs100 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Nov 12, 2011
    N Devon UK
    Geoff
    As one who appreciates the help we had during those 'bad' times ... give it all the TLC you have

• Like Like x 1
  10. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Oh don't worry I will:smile:. I plan to give this to my daughter when she is older.

11. mrjr

mrjr Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 25, 2012
    It has history! That's very cool. Great find.

12. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Yep. I just found a site about the old Cunard ships and have emailed them to see if they have a list of sailing dates. The sticker clearly shows 10 Oct 5 (I think) but the rest is covered by the white sticker.

The photo is of the Hindenburg flying over the QM.

13. ReallyBadPictures

Jan 12, 2013
    Well this is the reply I received from the site...

Thanks for your email.

We are unable to answer your question...

Oh well.