1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

my new 35mm 1.7 CCTV lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by pcake, Apr 24, 2012.

1. pcake

pcake Mu-43 Regular

May 3, 2010
  2. skadoosh

skadoosh Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    Nice. What c mount adapter are you using?

Oops. Nevermind. I see that it came with your lens.

3. mckenro

mckenro New to Mu-43

Mar 15, 2013
    Hi, I just started using the 35mm F1.7. Do you have any recommendations on which camera settings work best with this lens. You seem to have gotten far better results than I've been able to achieve just yet. Seems like the lens doesn't want to focus beyond a couple of feet past the end of the lens...

Thanks,
    Rob

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Sounds like you might have an extension tube attached to your lens. If you unscrew the lens from the adapter, is there a ring screwed to the back of the lens? If so, remove that ring and reattach the lens to the adapter and see if that helps.

For whatever reason, c-mount lenses often ship with these extension tubes.

5. GH1NGER

GH1NGER New to Mu-43

Mar 28, 2013
    This looks very similar to the fujian 35 1.7 I have. It's a load of fun but very soft wide open and in corn.ers. It has a sweet spot around f3.5-4.0 but still doesn't come up to the level of the 14-42 Panasonic lens. Can't complain for the price. I like it for is small size and great price.

6. mckenro

mckenro New to Mu-43

Mar 15, 2013
    You were spot on. Unfortunately the extension tube was on so tight I couldn't remove it but once I got t new adapter things are working fine. Thanks for the help!

7. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Awesome little lenses.. I have the trinitiy.. 25, 35 & 50.. the 35 is by far the best then the 25.. 50 is so-so.. more macroish...