My Myanmar (Burma) trip

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Gillymaru, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

Some photos from my recent trip to Myanmar. Travelling through this country was a wonderful experience, beautiful people and scenery all the way.
    I travelled with my wife and daughter (9) so it wasn't always easy to fit in as much time for photography as I would have liked. Well that isn't entirely true, I always carried my camera bag with me, but time spent shooting when the light was right always seemed difficult to organise.
    For this trip I only bought my micro 4/3 gear:
    Panasonic G5 camera
    Olympus EP3 + VF2 viewfinder (used as a backup camera if needed)
    Nokton 25mm lens
    Panasonic 12-35mm
    Panasonic 35-100mm
    The G5 and lenses all fitted inside a Crumpler 3 million dollar home bag. Incredibly light and easy to carry, I couldn't have wished for a nicer system to use.
    Myanmar is a wonderful country and I would encourage you to visit, we organised our own trip, it wasn't too difficult and everything seemed to fall into place when we arrived.

2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Gilly, nice set. the BW is my fav, and the monk sleeping come in second. Thanks for sharing.
  3. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    rob collins
    Great set. I was there myself last December and Bagan I believe to be one of the few unspoilt wonders of the world.

Going back in November to explore the Mergui Peninsular - 800 unspoilt islands off the coast.
  4. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Some very nice images. The one showing fields and temples is especially pleasing.
  5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    What a lovely set of images that really give a flavour of the people and the country, my two favourites are the monk asleep in the train and horse and trap going across the field.
  6. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Lovely shots, I like the sleeping monk :D
  7. 0dBm

0dBm Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 30, 2011
    Western United States
    Ample depth and character on that second image!:thumbup:

Thanks for sharing.
  8. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    +1 on the sleeping monk.
  9. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
  10. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Myanmar is definitely "on my list" to visit. Nice selection of images. I also like the b&w of the horse and buggy the best.