My Mini Review of the E-P3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mgowin, Dec 6, 2011.

1. mgowin

mgowin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Lincoln, IL
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't know what it is about Pens but they're just fun to use. I've used various brands over the years: Canon (P&S and DSLR), Sony, Panasonic and Samsung. But they all were quite boring and unispring while Olympus Pen feels so different. It's a joy to use.
  3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

YEs..there is something different about them.U feel attracted to them and talk a lot about them
  4. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

The EP series are beautiful cameras, a joy to behold and use. I enjoyed your thoughts and photos.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Tell me about Pens are no match against my Nikon D3/D700, but I have a blast shooting with my Oly M43 setup. Olympus is like the cult camera brand! :biggrin:
  6. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    "I recently acquired an Olympus E-P3 and three fast prime lenses (Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, and Olympus mZuiko 45mm f/1.8)."
    "Besides any of the technical details, what I like best about this camera is that I like to use it."

That about sums it up!:smile:
  7. mgowin

mgowin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Lincoln, IL
    With the E-P3, I find that I just shoot--especially with the primes. Put a lens on it and go. The responsive autofocus (or using the "face finder," or whatever that's called) combined with the small size and a fast prime enables the camera to get out of the way. And that's when it becomes a good creative tool for me.
  8. mgowin

mgowin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Lincoln, IL
    You bet.

My Nikon kit includes a couple primes and some fast zooms that cover everything from 17-300mm. Pretty much everything I need for the work I do.

In putting together the :43: Oly kit, with the three fast primes, I was looking to put together more of a classic PJ kit. Sam Abell, one of my favorite photographers, has used a Leica kit with 28mm, 50mm, and 90mm lenses, as have others. I like this way of working/creating. The primes make me think more about framing and perspective than I do with a zoom.