My Mini Review of the E-P3

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mgowin, Dec 6, 2011.

1. mgowin

mgowin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Lincoln, IL
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I don't know what it is about Pens but they're just fun to use. I've used various brands over the years: Canon (P&S and DSLR), Sony, Panasonic and Samsung. But they all were quite boring and unispring while Olympus Pen feels so different. It's a joy to use.

3. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

YEs..there is something different about them.U feel attracted to them and talk a lot about them ...lol

4. Gillymaru

Gillymaru Mu-43 Veteran

The EP series are beautiful cameras, a joy to behold and use. I enjoyed your thoughts and photos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    Tell me about it...my Pens are no match against my Nikon D3/D700, but I have a blast shooting with my Oly M43 setup. Olympus is like the cult camera brand! :biggrin:

6. 6x6

6x6 Mu-43 Regular

Oct 12, 2011
    "I recently acquired an Olympus E-P3 and three fast prime lenses (Panasonic 14mm f/2.5, Panasonic 20mm f/1.7, and Olympus mZuiko 45mm f/1.8)."
    "Besides any of the technical details, what I like best about this camera is that I like to use it."

That about sums it up!:smile:

7. mgowin

mgowin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Lincoln, IL
    With the E-P3, I find that I just shoot--especially with the primes. Put a lens on it and go. The responsive autofocus (or using the "face finder," or whatever that's called) combined with the small size and a fast prime enables the camera to get out of the way. And that's when it becomes a good creative tool for me.

8. mgowin

mgowin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 16, 2010
    Lincoln, IL
    You bet.

My Nikon kit includes a couple primes and some fast zooms that cover everything from 17-300mm. Pretty much everything I need for the work I do.

In putting together the :43: Oly kit, with the three fast primes, I was looking to put together more of a classic PJ kit. Sam Abell, one of my favorite photographers, has used a Leica kit with 28mm, 50mm, and 90mm lenses, as have others. I like this way of working/creating. The primes make me think more about framing and perspective than I do with a zoom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.