1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

my m4/3 journey

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by fransglans, Nov 27, 2012.

1. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    Hi guys. First I must give this forum some cred, its alive and fresh as no other photo forum I had meet!
    In my foolish Hunt for perfection I have done several bad misstakes. Like my last. I sold the chunky pl 25 (too cheap) and rebought a canon 5d with 50 1.8. I loove the atmosphere that combo creates but I really really miss the pana 25... I didnt realise how beautieful that lens was until she was gone... And now my ep3 body stands alone. My funds are gone so I gathered my last pennies and bought a cheap 20 1.7 from greece this day. Hoping that it will fill at least some of the missed feelings from the "leica". I did actually thought about even sell my ep3 and leave the m43 ship but there were some important thingd that stopped me.
    First the DOF its really nice to have a bigger dof without having horrible shutterspeed. With my 5d (mark 1) I get veeeery thin dof when using f1.8
    Second: the autofocus. To press the lcd and to watch the camera set the focus right on spot on my models eyes are soo relaxing :) almost too easy :) with the canon I must WORK with the fovus points and the evf and with the thin 1.8 dof I am always anxious about the sharpness thing.
    Last thing is the OLYMPUS JPEGS. they are wonderful... For me it means: no pp. That means more time with my wife and that means alot to my family.
    So now Im excited to try out my new 20 1.7. There are one thing I always HATED with the pl25...yes size factor. And that game wins by pana 20.. At least.. :)
    Sorry guys and girls for my long swedish thread here. Just wanted to do some debriefing:)
    Over and out!
    /gus

• Like Like x 2
  2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I've found my 5D classic and m43 complement each other. Sometimes you want that nice full frame feel, other times you want more depth of field without the shutter speed/high ISO issue. Plus, the m43 lenses are mostly all sharp at the widest aperture, so it's easy to get. Then, as you mentioned, the size.

Another thing I've found -- using just a view finder with wider lenses is a pain. A lot of times, I want to shoot from an LCD, and a touch LCD is even nicer.

I tried to get to just one system or even one camera, but you really need more than one, and these two go together quite nicely!

• Like Like x 1
  3. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus

This is from the pl25 and made with a quick touch at my ep3s lcd...

F/ 1.8
    S/ 1/60
    Iso 250

But shoulders, nose tip, ears are sharp
    That is nice! (if thats the portraits u like)