My Legacy Glass...

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Farcanalman, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    My collection so far... I want more but only of some 'special' ones!

My_Legacy_Glass.

:43::2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  2. louellacasandile

louellacasandile Mu-43 Rookie

May 10, 2012
    Chungli City, Taiwan
    Louel Lacasandile
    Nice collection. I just want to share a photo I just took right now. My Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 and the adapter, shot from my Wesley 24mm f1.4.

7362079236_451492b393_z.
    through old eyes by louellacasandile, on Flickr

I'm really hoping to get more legacy glass. Manual focusing has been so fun.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks!

Nice shot by the way!

Andreas

4. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Thanks for sharing this. Can you identify these (beyond the obvious ones)? Which are your favorites?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Which are favoured?; Now that is tough!

Left to right... #3 is the Helios 44-2, #5 is the Tamron 90/2.5, #6 is the CZJ 135/2.8 and finally #7 is the Tamron 70-150/3.5

The 30/3.5 is deeper DoF than I expected and has a nice 8 blade Bokeh.
    The Pentax SMC is so shallow at low f-stops that it scares me how sharp it is and shoots so well in low light with high ISO!
    The Helios is just beautiful and the colours are so honest.
    The Tamron 90/2.5 is my only true macro lens and I am just waiting for more chances to use it!
    And the CZJ is not the most amazing lens until you see the DoF control at f8 or more!

• Like Like x 1
  6. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I was recently looking at a 90/2.5 macro (this one was a Spiratone-branded version but might have been the same lens as your Tamron). I had a really tough time trying to determine a value for that lens. Any chance you'd like to share how much you invested in your copy?

7. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Be careful...

I only paid £70 inc P&P for mine after finding a good retail seller on fleabay.

He was honest about a small ding on the front edge of the lens outer body, which has no adverse effect!

Otherwise over here(U.K.) they can be as much as £100 and the later 1:1 version is as much as £175!

So upper limits are £100/$160/€125

:rolleyes:

I hope this helps. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Moderate cost...

The first 3 lenses came with bodies, the Zenit-E and the Praktica MTL-50 got thrown and the Pentax ME Super Black is still in my possesion and in perfect working order!

Taking that and the 90/2.5 sole cost, all these lenses cost me £172, so minus £20 for the 2 crap bodies = only £152 inc P&P with a working Classic Pentax body!

:rolleyes:

Andreas

9. DeeJayK

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    That's a very nice little collection at that price. That's what's so fun about getting into legacy glass...if you look around you can find some real bargains.

Also thanks for sharing the information on the 90mm. I think I'm going to pass on the specific example (mostly because it's packaged with a couple of other lenses that I don't have a "need" for), but I'm going to keep my eye out for a decent macro in that focal length.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Fine looking collection - and a nice shot!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
    Thanks!

I am not set up for photography at home as most of my work is with Animalia and the environment!

Scorpions in particular!

:eek:

But I do like life/candid shots and will try to use some of the good lenses I have for that.