My Latest Photos: Tell Me what you think

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by colbycheese, May 26, 2012.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    These are my latest shots that i think are the best. Tell me what you think and give suggestions please. These are all shot with an EPM1 with stock lens
    Havana Club
    My Cat Colby
  2. fgbrault

fgbrault Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    I like the point of view and bokeh in the first, but I think I would prefer if the glass was level and if the left side of the glass was not cut off so that I could see all of the top of the glass.

The cat is cute, but I would crop out the blue stuff at the top.
  3. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    Thanks for the advice
  4. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Take this with a grain of salt (and I didn't even look at EXIF) -- but a few things, in my opinion:

- the first one for me doesn't tell a story. Probably would be better if glass was taken as a whole, then we might have a sense of the mood/environment?

- for the second one, part of the tail was cut off. Maybe even better if you stooped down his eye level? And not sure, but I think the focus was on the head/forehead area? Maybe the DOF is too shallow?
  5. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I agree that I would have liked the whole glass and level on the first one, otherwise not bad.

The second one could definitely use a crop to get rid of the pool.

I read somewhere recently that animal shots are generally a lot more engaging at eye level (like shots of children). I've had a lot of success playing around with that.

My 2c :)