1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

My Latest Photos: Tell Me what you think

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by colbycheese, May 26, 2012.

1. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    These are my latest shots that i think are the best. Tell me what you think and give suggestions please. These are all shot with an EPM1 with stock lens
    Havana Club
    P5116424-Copy.
    My Cat Colby
    P5257667-Copy.

2. fgbrault

fgbrault Mu-43 Regular

Mar 2, 2012
    I like the point of view and bokeh in the first, but I think I would prefer if the glass was level and if the left side of the glass was not cut off so that I could see all of the top of the glass.

The cat is cute, but I would crop out the blue stuff at the top.

3. colbycheese

colbycheese Mu-43 Veteran

May 1, 2012
    Way up there.
    Thanks for the advice

4. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Take this with a grain of salt (and I didn't even look at EXIF) -- but a few things, in my opinion:

- the first one for me doesn't tell a story. Probably would be better if glass was taken as a whole, then we might have a sense of the mood/environment?

- for the second one, part of the tail was cut off. Maybe even better if you stooped down his eye level? And not sure, but I think the focus was on the head/forehead area? Maybe the DOF is too shallow?

5. zpierce

zpierce Super Moderator

Sep 26, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    Zach
    I agree that I would have liked the whole glass and level on the first one, otherwise not bad.

The second one could definitely use a crop to get rid of the pool.

I read somewhere recently that animal shots are generally a lot more engaging at eye level (like shots of children). I've had a lot of success playing around with that.

My 2c :)