My latest OM-D addition

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by rfortson, Mar 24, 2013.

1. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

A vintage strap for the newest member of the OM system. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
  3. cookme

cookme Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    very nice, a bit too much metal-on-metal for me however. it will work great with a full brown leather cover for the retro look.
  4. Dave in Wales

Dave in Wales Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 5, 2011
    West Wales
  5. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Does not the metal attachment of the strap potentially scratch the OMD?
  6. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

It's already burnished by the hooks I put on the original strap so I could easily switch to a hand grip.
  7. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    I have that strap to, but I prefer the mre modern neoprene straps.
  8. shizlefonizle

shizlefonizle Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 21, 2012
    Cool strap.

Whats on your hot shoe?
  9. Mikefellh

Mikefellh Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2012
    Toronto, Canada
    It's a bubble level to tell you if the camera is level.

Although why have it when you have the internal one; I have one for the Canon I have to use at work, but I don't bother for my E-M5s since I can use the internal one without taking my eye off the viewfinder!
  10. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    If you are planning to leave this strap on, you may want to take those triangle pieces off and feed them directly through the circle ring on the ends of the strap, and then reattach them to the camera... this would make it a pain to remove the strap, but would take care of the scratching issue.

Looks nice though... also like that lens hood on the 75m
  11. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

I mainly have it because being rubber, it's a snug fit and doesn't fall out like the OEM shoe covers do. The level is a bonus.

Using the level in the display is nice, but only if you don't want any of the other displays. This way, I can have my cake and eat it, too.
  12. rfortson

rfortson Mu-43 Veteran

Convenience is more important to me. I like the clips and being able to change to a variety of suit my every need, my every desire! :):biggrin:
  13. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2010
    Beautiful strap! I was hoping to see a pic of it with your camera. :biggrin:
  14. Cinders00

Cinders00 New to Mu-43

Apr 8, 2013
    Looks cool, when I got my Fuji XE-1, I found a vintage Fujifilm camera case on ebay. Unfortunately it was mostly for point and shoot cameras, so the XE-1 didn't fit with a lens, and barely fit body only, so I just used it as a lens bag for an old 135mm.